Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,689,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyField View Post
...On a side note, I didn't even know there was an American Girl store there. My girls would love that.
I suggest you don't tell 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 PM

771 posts, read 1,461,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyField View Post
I was at Tysons yesterday for the first time in a while. Lots of construction. I don't think all of it is Metro-related, but that mall can't get a Metro station soon enough.

On a side note, I didn't even know there was an American Girl store there. My girls would love that.
It's located where the Chipotle used to be two years ago before it moved to the other side of the mall.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 PM

491 posts, read 1,172,266 times
I'm not trying to take any business away from Metrobus, but ...

Crossing Rte 7 to take the bus back to a Metro station? Not on my life! (But then again, those are the same 4 words that come to mind at the thought that I might have to go to Tysons for something...) Yes, I know there are crosswalks. But I also have witnessed some of my fellow drivers' skills.

I recall a Washington Post article a few years ago about how hourly workers patch together trains and buses, and sometimes cabs if the train and/or bus is late. And one of the workers told of his need to cross Rte. 7. Yikes.

Maybe think about renting a Zip car?

Old 03-06-2012, 05:24 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,323,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by persnicketygal View Post

Crossing Rte 7 to take the bus back to a Metro station? Not on my life! (But then again, those are the same 4 words that come to mind at the thought that I might have to go to Tysons for something...) Yes, I know there are crosswalks. But I also have witnessed some of my fellow drivers' skills.

I recall a Washington Post article a few years ago about how hourly workers patch together trains and buses, and sometimes cabs if the train and/or bus is late. And one of the workers told of his need to cross Rte. 7. Yikes.

You don't need to cross route 7 to catch the bus, there are bus pick ups around the bus that go everywhich way in this county. Jeez people, you dont need a car for every single activity in life.

I agree though, dont cross route 7 or route 123, fairfax county has basically told users and residents of Tysons to go to hell as far as those roads are concerned because evidently getting the commuters who half of them dont even live in Tysons into the city is more important than saving peoples lives.

Way to go Fairfax, I am totally imagining people instead of cars... they meant dead people right?

Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 AM

771 posts, read 1,461,757 times
Quote:

There is a big bus stop on Fashion Boulevard (where all buses stop) that is right outside Nordstrom, at the ground level of the AMC theatre parking lot (the one on the Nordstrom side, across the street from the MicroStrategy building). You don't have to cross one single street to get from the bus to the mall and vice versa.

In fact, this bus stop is a major hub for bus transit in NoVA, with buses going to West Falls Church, Dunn Loring, Ballston, Westpark, GMU, Reston, Herndon, Vienna, Crystal City and Springfield. Of course there are many other minor stops surrounding the mall, and across route 7, it's just a matter of knowing when to get off the bus (or asking the driver if you don't)...it's usually the very last stop, but not always.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 PM

491 posts, read 1,172,266 times
A-ha! I stand corrected, then. Thank you. I couldn't recall seeing buses within the mall parking lot areas, just on Rte. 7, last time I ventured up around those parts or had to drive through the Tysons area.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:26 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,323,567 times
Quote:
A-ha! I stand corrected, then. Thank you. I couldn't recall seeing buses within the mall parking lot areas, just on Rte. 7, last time I ventured up around those parts or had to drive through the Tysons area.
I lot of things are changing in Tysons Corner, hopefully for the better. If you havent been in a few years you should come by, and try to go to areas away from the traditional mall spots. My suggestions Fairfax Square for food (across from the mall), or International Drive check out Panache restaurant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia