Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM

39 posts, read 89,139 times

Advertisements

I disagree. There is not a huge difference between WEST Springfield and Burke. Now, Springfield proper (right up against 95), yes there is a big difference. Either way, someone living in Shannon Station is going to have many of the same choices (when it comes to eating out, shopping, gyms, etc...) as someone who lives in the southern part of Burke Centre.

Daventry is barely West Springfield -- those kids do not go to W. Springfield High, so I wouldn't include it as part of W. Springfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,323,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Pohick regional library to Lorton Town Center, 18 minutes per google. which also says its 17 minutes to kingstowne, and 18 minutes to landmark (where a big lifestyle center will be built, as soon as the financing comes together, I guess). I mean basically its slam in the center of four lifestyle centers, 3 existing and one planned.

that of course assumes no significant traffic congestion.
Good luck hitting all the lights on 7100 perfectly in order to do that. I make that run from my parents on Lee Chapel every week and if I can get to Kingstown in 25 minutes I'd be happy.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:12 PM

39 posts, read 89,139 times
You don't need to get on 7100 for that trip. You can hit Sydenstricker to Pohick and cut across down in Lorton.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,814,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLSheen View Post

Daventry is barely West Springfield -- those kids do not go to W. Springfield High, so I wouldn't include it as part of W. Springfield.
So this means I live in fake West Springfield in fake Virginia

ROTFL... sorry, it's the first thing I though of and it made me smile.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,393,725 times
That's way out of your way if the destination is Kingstowne though.

(This was in response to the Sydensticker-Pohick routing above)

Old 03-29-2012, 01:19 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,581,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
So this means I live in fake West Springfield in fake Virginia

ROTFL... sorry, it's the first thing I though of and it made me smile.
but you are convenient to 3 fake downtowns, and a fourth fake downtown on the way, so there's that

Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,814,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
but you are convenient to 3 fake downtowns, and a fourth fake downtown on the way, so there's that
ROTFL... yes, yes, I am

Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,498,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I don't understand the hatred for rolling valley mall. It's a shopping center, the same as any other. Is there something inherently wrong about that? Why do I need to walk around a fountain to eat ice cream as opposed to sit at tables on the sidewalk outside the ice cream shop?
I guess it's the same kind of people that hate on walmart because they feel they are just too good and uppity for places like that where all the rif raf go

Old 03-29-2012, 06:08 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,323,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
I guess it's the same kind of people that hate on walmart because they feel they are just too good and uppity for places like that where all the rif raf go
Slash the fact that they kill small businesses by undercutting them through mass freighting operations
Slash the fact that they persist the trend of sending our jobs and money to china and india
Slash the fact that they do some of the shadiest hiring policies by skirting actual employment to avoid health insurance and other benefits
Slash the fact that they are the source of thousands of young peoples deaths in China in factories, people who all that they want is 1/1000th of the american dream
Slash the fact that people who go there are trashy ignorant a-holes who care more about saving 10 cents on F-grade meat and buying low quality tshirts then preserving the things that made this country great

But yea... its cause we are snobby uppity rich people I guess. Gurd bless Murica, DER TAKEN ER JURBS!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,498,468 times
see, I knew it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia