Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,684,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct2012 View Post
Yes, Coast Guard

Most people I know who commute to the Coast Guard either drive themselves or carpool. There is not a Metro station within a reasonable distance. I'm sure there is a connector bus from the Navy Yard Metro to the CG station. But really:

1. Drive to VRE station.
2. Take VRE to Metro Transit Center
3. Get on Green Line (this might require a transfer).

This could take a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 AM

687 posts, read 1,379,428 times
I'm getting tired of all the Woodbridge bashing. The Lake Ridge area is as nice as any of the 1980s era developments in Fairfax County. I think Lake Ridge is equivalent to Burke or West Springfield. To the OP, there are commuter buses (PRTC Omniride) that go directly from Woodbridge to the Pentagon. $5.25 each way with free parking.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM

4,454 posts, read 8,149,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
I'm getting tired of all the Woodbridge bashing. The Lake Ridge area is as nice as any of the 1980s era developments in Fairfax County. I think Lake Ridge is equivalent to Burke or West Springfield. To the OP, there are commuter buses (PRTC Omniride) that go directly from Woodbridge to the Pentagon. $5.25 each way with free parking.
What "Woodbridge bashing" are you speaking of? People were giving their perspective on different parts of Woodbridge. I've lived Woodbridge since 1989 and in Lake Ridge specifically since 2003 so I've seen how things have changed. I've also lived in Georgetown Village so I know firsthand how bad it can be.

IMO, with the OP's budget I think they'd be better served to live further north.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,734,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct2012 View Post
I totally forgot to put "CG" in front of headquarters, it's located on Second St., in DC. Another thing to consider though is that they will be relocating to St. Elizabeth/Anacostia? I'm guessing that is even further away from Woodbridge area?
Today we looked briefly online at some available rentals in Springfield per everyone's suggestions. The school's seem so much better there. Hubby keeps saying don't worry about his commute, but I really don't want it to take him 2+ hours to get to/from work.
I thought as much ..a good friend works there. She has been complaining about the upcoming move to the new place. Currently she commutes via HOv with her husband who is at the Navy yard. They have a Hybrid tag. They live right outside Kingstowne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia