Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,787,475 times

Advertisements

Percentage-wise that's about exactly how much my electric bills have changed in the five homes that I have owned in Arizona. The lows are much higher in July, and the a-c runs often. The landlord sounds like an IMMATURE FIRST CLASS IDIOT, WHO IS FLAT BROKE FROM BUY A HOUSE THEY CANNOT AFFORD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 05:40 AM

35 posts, read 34,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Percentage-wise that's about exactly how much my electric bills have changed in the five homes that I have owned in Arizona. The lows are much higher in July, and the a-c runs often. The landlord sounds like an IMMATURE FIRST CLASS IDIOT, WHO IS FLAT BROKE FROM BUY A HOUSE THEY CANNOT AFFORD.
You nailed it. She is going through some trouble so right now she is trying to penny pinch every dime she can get. I dont think she did her research on what its like to have tenants. She definitely didnt do anything to prepare, expect maybe clean the house. I cant wait to get out of there.

I just have to make sure to get all my money back. Which Im concerned about, shes trying really hard to keep my deposit.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:38 AM

4,451 posts, read 8,147,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syadnan View Post
Its actually been a long 3 weeks living with her. I was born in India but raised in the Chicago my entire 23 years of existence. At home I like to be comfortable and do what comes natural to me, I think thats reasonable for someone who pays rent. So, one night I was eating dinner and I was eating with my hands. It was rice, chicken and some other stuff. In the traditional Indo/Pak home you usually eat with your hands. Some people find it weird, and others dont care. My landlady told me the next day that she doesnt want me eating with my hands anymore because its unsanitory. I told her I eat with my hands because thats how I was raised and its what comes natural to me, she said no you cant do that. SHES TELLING HOW I CAN, OR CAN NOT, EAT MY OWN FOOD. I looked at her and said that I wash my hands a lot and that Im going to eat with my hands. She went on saying that it would look wrong if I took clients out to lunch or dinner and I was eating with my hands. Lol!! Like Im actually going to do that. I know the difference between home ettiqutte and out in public ettiqutte. This is what Im dealing with!
Ask her if she's ever eaten a hamburger, fries, tater tots, chicken nuggets, ribs, chicken wings etc?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 AM

9,887 posts, read 14,162,275 times
Quote:
How do I put my remaining rent into escrow? I have no idea how to even approach that lol. I havent paid her any amount yet. My rent is due on the first of the month. Im guessing she is going to have me pay 900 on sep 1st and then the remaining from sep 1st to 30 days from now.
I've never done it, but the holder of the escow money must be a neutral third party. I'm guessing your bank can set up the account? I'd start there. Also, I think Paypal is a form of an escow account.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Ask her if she's ever eaten a hamburger, fries, tater tots, chicken nuggets, ribs, chicken wings etc?
She uses a fork and knife to eat all of those. I asked her how I was supposed to eat a chicken leg and shes like oh ill show you how to use a fork and knife...lol. She shouldnt worry so much about how I eat my food. Why is that a concern for her?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I've never done it, but the holder of the escow money must be a neutral third party. I'm guessing your bank can set up the account? I'd start there. Also, I think Paypal is a form of an escow account.

Oh okay, yeah I understand that. Ill only take it to that extent if she takes away from my deposit. Im trying to keep civil for the 30 days because I dont want any tension in the house and I dont want her to use anything against me. Last night, I walked around the house in the dark using my phones flashlight as my source of light lol. Knowing her, she'll probably claim I damaged something in her house because I was walking around in the dark.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,462,253 times
Quote:
Last night, I walked around the house in the dark using my phones flashlight as my source of light lol.
Now that's a little extreme. Turn on some light! - see my earlier post about the cost of having light bulbs on.

A single 60-watt lightbulb left on for 20 minutes should cost about a quarter of a single penny.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:50 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,581,353 times
Quote:
Actually she said she might not even get any more tenants because of me, lol. Well actually because she didnt factor in that her electricity bill would increase because there is another person in the house. Did she think I would be sitting in the dark?? I mean come really its common sense.
Wait a minute, if she doesn't replace you with a new tenant, that means she would be losing out on the hundreds of dollars a month she could be getting from renting the place out. But she saves $85? Math does not compute.
This lady not only sounds very mean and paranoid, but also just simply stupid.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:43 AM

Here is an email I recieved from her after I asked her to provide evidence supporting her claim that I was able to use $85 days of worth of electricity in just ten days. I want you guys to read carefully, theyre a ton of grammer errors and you will see what I am dealing with. Enjoy!

[SIZE=2]Electrical Bill, I did show you the bill for June, July and August . July moth was the hottest month, and the bill was $115.85, August Month was not as hot as the month of July. And the bill is $186.69. June bill was $80.68.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]You have told me that you will be spending the weekends with your uncle. But , you were in the basement with the lights on from 1pm until you went the bed . Also you were up until late nights every night to 2 and 3 in the morning. And one day until 5am. I have found also that you were living the lights on in your bedroom and the kitchen , while you were in the basement. Number times I have to turn-off the lights . To add this the lights in the garage you left on all the time. I have told you this before but seems to me you didn’t care about it, as the utilities were include you were taking advantage of the situation and also you were using the dish soap , paper towels trash bags and not cleaning after you used the kitchen. In the Agreement also said that you are responsible cleaning the common areas. You fail to do it. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I will appreciate if you leave the house September the 10, 2012. I’m expecting to see the room and the bad room clean or I will take $ 50 for cleaning. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thank you[/SIZE]

Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Now that's a little extreme. Turn on some light! - see my earlier post about the cost of having light bulbs on.

A single 60-watt lightbulb left on for 20 minutes should cost about a quarter of a single penny.
Its not worth it. I just stay in my room now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia