Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post
There is no intention of being a troll or any bait at all. Instead just an opportunity to discuss what a messed up area this is becoming and how different it is than regular America.
Ah, another one of these threads. Can we bury the dead horse already?

FWIW, I don't fall into any of those types.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I see posts like this occasionally and I often have to wonder where people live.

I live in Eastern PWC in a predominantly white, middle class neighborhood. I have not seen items 1, 2, or 3 listed above. To me, I just see a bunch of "regular" people. Admittedly, I do know some category 1 people but they don't seem to live in Prince William County--probably not good enough for them, happily. So, I don't know, I just don't see it.
Actually, I also live in PWC, in a fairly mixed neighborhood and see all three of these. There's a guy across the street, drives a Benz. I've never actually seen him. To the left of my house are the neighbors I talk with on a regular basis, along with the person living next to them - she comes out fairly often too. Next to her is an immigrant family (hispanic). Never see them outside at all, except with other hispanic folks - they don't talk to the others on our row, even though we're out on a regular basis and hey, the more the merrier. On the right side of my house is a family straight out of the ghetto. I never see them work, their car/s are a wreck, the police have been called on them multiple times, for domestic issues and noise issues. They don't talk to anyone except those in a "similar" situation as themselves. They're also the rudest people I have ever met to others in the neighborhood, taking other peoples parking spaces, parking in the middle of the street, etc.

It all depends on where you live in the NoVA area. You can have a picture perfect neighborhood, a mix of it all, or anything in between.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
Actually, I also live in PWC, in a fairly mixed neighborhood and see all three of these. There's a guy across the street, drives a Benz. I've never actually seen him. To the left of my house are the neighbors I talk with on a regular basis, along with the person living next to them - she comes out fairly often too. Next to her is an immigrant family (hispanic). Never see them outside at all, except with other hispanic folks - they don't talk to the others on our row, even though we're out on a regular basis and hey, the more the merrier. On the right side of my house is a family straight out of the ghetto. I never see them work, their car/s are a wreck, the police have been called on them multiple times, for domestic issues and noise issues. They don't talk to anyone except those in a "similar" situation as themselves. They're also the rudest people I have ever met to others in the neighborhood, taking other peoples parking spaces, parking in the middle of the street, etc.

It all depends on where you live in the NoVA area. You can have a picture perfect neighborhood, a mix of it all, or anything in between.
God, I live in a super-boring neighborhood then.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM

201 posts, read 490,633 times
I work as a teacher and many of my students tell me they rarely see their parents because they are working 16 hours a day, making them great breadwinners but terrible parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
ok, I'm taking the bait....

So, if a Type A is "wired for achievement and success", does that mean that your Type C (everyone else) is wired for failure and defeat??

Maybe I leave for work at 5 am to beat the traffic. Maybe I'm not coming home until 8 pm, beccause I volunteer at a nursing home.

Why do you assume my family and friends suffer because I want to be successful? Are all of the happy people the friends and families of people who fail?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM

82 posts, read 146,469 times
Snooper - Don't forget...whether we are Type A, B or C kinda people, deep down we all have the same blood that keeps us going....we are all Human beings! Just to make life simpler and MORE HAPPIER, just remember this - "NEVER JUDGE OTHERS"...it's as simple as that! Be happy!

Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
You can have a picture perfect neighborhood, a mix of it all, or anything in between.
Agreed. But it's not NoVa specific. You can get the above anywhere in "regular America".

Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,314,866 times
#1-workaholics. #2-minorities #3-white people. Yeah pretty much that covers Northern Virginia.

Just create one thread, called Why Nova Sucks or something, and pin it all these people can rant about the area all they want. May even be therapeutic for them.

I was going to explain how my neighborhood is full of friendly people but what's the point.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM

4,437 posts, read 8,122,653 times
I live in a pretty diverse area. I'd classify my neighbors as regular folk, just like me. I think the other two types you mentioned are actually the minorities in this area. Just on my street, I know they work varied jobs as retail, electricians, cab drivers, small business owners, feds, contractors etc. That's just the perspective of an immigrant who has now lived longer in the USA than overseas...

Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM

248 posts, read 700,634 times
Maybe I get home at 10pm because I'm sick of spending my free non-work related time inside at home?!??!?!

Didn't know that was a federal crime....

Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
do you yo and stop pointing fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia