Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,324,953 times

Advertisements

They say its a flea and produce market here;

Avant Apartments - Annandale, VA - Tysons Corner Lifestyle & Farmers Market

Has anyone actually been to this and can attest to it? It is literally within a 3 minute walk of my place and I have never come across it.

I bet there'd be some interesting stuff there if it is a flea market also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM

15,160 posts, read 27,869,053 times
Never heard of it, I do wish we had some good flea markets around though.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Never heard of it, I do wish we had some good flea markets around though.
The one in Eastern Market is pretty solid. I'll call up Hilton and see if it exists tomorrow and when I find out I'll let whoever is interested in this post know.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM

15,160 posts, read 27,869,053 times
Thanks, I haven't been to Eastern Market in years.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM

8,827 posts, read 15,346,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
The one in Eastern Market is pretty solid. I'll call up Hilton and see if it exists tomorrow and when I find out I'll let whoever is interested in this post know.
Is it all stuffy items like china, jewelry, and paintings, or can you find other things too?

Old 01-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Is it all stuffy items like china, jewelry, and paintings, or can you find other things too?
No actually the Eastern Market one is some pretty neat vintage stuff. Old letter press equipment, mirrors, furniture, photography, frames, then the usual home made soaps, candles, jams, woodworks

Theres a person who makes hand made string instruments there also. It is definitely a vibrant place to go to. Obviously nothing like the Brooklyn Market which is world renowned but about as good as I have ever seen otherwise atleast in this region. Never been to the big Paris one yet either(heard it is equally impressive), was sad to see it doesn't occur during winter, only christmas markets during winter.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
No actually the Eastern Market one is some pretty neat vintage stuff. Old letter press equipment, mirrors, furniture, photography, frames, then the usual home made soaps, candles, jams, woodworks

Theres a person who makes hand made string instruments there also. It is definitely a vibrant place to go to. Obviously nothing like the Brooklyn Market which is world renowned but about as good as I have ever seen otherwise atleast in this region. Never been to the big Paris one yet either(heard it is equally impressive), was sad to see it doesn't occur during winter, only christmas markets during winter.
I'm thinking more along the lines of vintage toys, advertising, coin-op, petroliana and automobilia.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of vintage toys, advertising, coin-op, petroliana and automobilia.
There are a few pickers style items too yes. The market is very large so they often group together. The area with the letter press equipment, frames, bits and pieces also has the old vintage toys, gas sign stuff, traditional picker fair.

I think most of the time you gotta go to antique shops in Appalachia for the good stuff when it comes to that though.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:

I'd like to find things like this, tough to find around here it seems:
Attached Thumbnails
Tysons Corner Farmers Market-imagescak4lmyw.jpg   Tysons Corner Farmers Market-untitled.bmp  

Last edited by tgbwc; 01-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Added comment

Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
There are a few pickers style items too yes. The market is very large so they often group together. The area with the letter press equipment, frames, bits and pieces also has the old vintage toys, gas sign stuff, traditional picker fair.
I'll have to check it out this spring or summer.
We went to the DC Big Flea once. I spent to much $ to get in only to fly by probably 75% of the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia