Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 AM

251 posts, read 933,561 times

Advertisements

We very rarely eat fast food, but occasionally will do Chick Fil A or Chipotle. This week is such a frigid week, I might need to get some energy out of my kids though. It seems all the McDonalds in the area have changed from a play place to a McCafe. There are no Chick Fil As with play places except Woodbridge or MD. Is there anything else? We're in the Belle View section of Alexandria.

Also, any other indoor suggestions for the week? I know about the Lee Rec Center soft play room, the Rec center pools, and the new Children's Museum in National Harbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Joe's Crab Shack in Fair Lakes has a place for kids to play.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 AM

247 posts, read 1,140,952 times
The Chick-fil-a in Fairfax has a small playplace. The mcdonalds and burger king off 28 in Centerville have large ones, that are never busy.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM

428 posts, read 1,114,484 times
You could head over to Tysons Corner to play at the mall playground and ride the train.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 AM

722 posts, read 1,922,494 times
All of the Chick Fil As near me have a play place (Gainesville, Manassas). You probably wouldn't want to drive that far just to go to a Chick Fil A. How old are your kids? Maybe look into the jumping places to see if they have open bounce times? It will be a little pricey, but the kids will definitely burn off energy.
Here are some near me (Again, probably too far for you to drive, but I thought I'd list them for others that may be closer...or maybe if you don't mind the drive )
Jump-n-Jimmy's - Home
Kids Birthday Party Place | Fun Activities for Kids | Special Events
Open Bounce Times at HOB

Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 PM

158 posts, read 378,912 times
This recently opened in fairfax....sort of like At Play Cafe that used to be in Reston.

About | PB & Jack

Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM

47 posts, read 77,923 times
In Falls Church, Knee High Ninja
Basic Information - Kneehigh Ninja - Playground

Landmark Mall

And Our Kids has a list
Our Kids Activities and Resources - Washington DC - Indoor Activities Indoor Play Areas

Children's Museum is open at the National Harbor
National Children's Museum

mobu kids in Falls Church
Mobu Kids

Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 PM

251 posts, read 933,561 times
Looks like we live near everything and nothing at the same time! LOL Guess we need to head West for most options. Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM

691 posts, read 771,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elacklen View Post
We very rarely eat fast food, but occasionally will do Chick Fil A or Chipotle. This week is such a frigid week, I might need to get some energy out of my kids though. It seems all the McDonalds in the area have changed from a play place to a McCafe. There are no Chick Fil As with play places except Woodbridge or MD. Is there anything else? We're in the Belle View section of Alexandria.

Also, any other indoor suggestions for the week? I know about the Lee Rec Center soft play room, the Rec center pools, and the new Children's Museum in National Harbor.

You actually let your kids play in one of these disease incubators?

Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM

979 posts, read 1,774,985 times
I see PB & Jack already mentioned. The only other place I know of is Chibi's in Ashburn. Not sure about anything Alexandria way, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia