Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 03:45 PM

4 posts, read 5,668 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband works near friendship heights metro and me in reston. We want to find an apartment closer to any metro station so that he can take the train, and i can drive to reston, preferably half hr drive or so.. and not far off..

We are looking for 2bhk anything within the 2k limit. No kids, so no worries about school..

Please suggest.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 PM

8,984 posts, read 21,190,803 times
You may want to look at apartments along the Orange Line* between Vienna and East Falls Church. These are most likely to fall within your budget and be a decent commute to Reston. Your husband will have a slightly awkward commute as he will have to travel downtown before switching to the Red Line up to Friendship Heights. However, wmata.com predicts a 39 minute commute from East Falls Church to Friendship Heights. Note that a door-to-door commute under an hour is quite an accomplishment here due to housing budgets and traffic.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:05 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,736,297 times
I'd suggest living near F. Heights so that you'd have a reverse commute to Reston, via the Toll Road or (eventually) the Silver Line.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM

4 posts, read 5,668 times
Thanks for the response.

I'm new to the country and don't have my license yet.. maybe another 2-3 months before i start driving. So we were hoping to find something in west falls church (as i have direct buses to reston from there).. Any suggestions on good apartments down there..

I dont have a clear idea how to start hunting for apartments. We are looking for apartments with shuttle service to metro, but nothing like that comes up in the search.. (i used lot of those apartment rating website) Also most of the apartments have a yearly lease, we want something more flexible..

please suggest.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM

9,781 posts, read 15,811,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglerjp View Post
Thanks for the response.

I'm new to the country and don't have my license yet.. maybe another 2-3 months before i start driving. So we were hoping to find something in west falls church (as i have direct buses to reston from there).. Any suggestions on good apartments down there..

I dont have a clear idea how to start hunting for apartments. We are looking for apartments with shuttle service to metro, but nothing like that comes up in the search.. (i used lot of those apartment rating website) Also most of the apartments have a yearly lease, we want something more flexible..

please suggest.
We lived here 14 years ago. They are on Route 7 near the Beltway and they have shuttle service to West Falls Church Metro. They are not fancy but they were decent enough for us and pretty convenient.

Falls Church, Virginia Community Owned & Operated by A.J. Dwoskin & Associates - Community Amenities for Tysons Glen and Devonshire Square Apartments and Townhomes

Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,181,457 times
I live at Dwell Vienna Metro Apts which are exactly a 7 minute walk to the Vienna Metro station. We are paying $2800 for a two bedroom/2 bathroom with den and underground secure parking and two pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia