Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 8,651 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I bough a TH in Woodbridge VA @ Potomac Club back in Nov 06, just moved in around June 07. The price of the TH#s have gone significantly down than what I paid for in just a few month. I have seen some "Price protection" ads in the neighborhood from the sales Pulte is having ... I was wondering if that applied to those of us who may have paid more than what the same house is going for now and if anything can be done about it?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 AM

566 posts, read 2,984,335 times
No. Unfortunately for you, you purchsed your home at the wrong time. Wish I had better news for you.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times
Yes, but I was thinking it wasn't the worst time - weren't prices already down in 11/06? But still not at bottom ...

Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,883,491 times
^ 2005 was the "high" time and crazy time. unforuantely that when I bought!!

This spring should be a good time to buy. The leveling off factor will be in play and by spring 2009 things will probably start to creep up. (NOT to 2005 craziness..but normal )
The mortgage fallout will be over and normal loans will once again be solid and no more sub prime financing for those who simple can't afford a loan. ***

This winter will be the bottom. People here are already pulling houses off the market etc...

***This my OPINION.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times
... makes sense to me - my eyes pop to see how low the prices are going, but they are still way up from 2000, etc., etc.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 8,651 times
Thank you all for the feedback

Old 04-21-2008, 02:08 PM

11 posts, read 55,726 times
yeah, you paid too much unfortunately. i just bought the Saratoga model from Pulte in the Potomac Club. $299k. I think in 2005/early 2006 it was going for $380k. I dont think the prices had enough time to go down by November of 2006. dont fret though, things will come alive this summer and values will increase.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:50 AM

10 posts, read 33,561 times
Default prices

Not sure what the prices were back then but what is a good price now?
Not sure if they are still high or middle or what now...
i'm looking at a Lancaster with all the upgrades (some of their prices are crazy... not sure if people reallly look at the media package or home theater or hard wired security for resale) but i'm looking at all of it...

i'm i'm looking at $370 range (hope that number doesn't go up as they finalize numbers this morning) does that seem like high side based on trends you have observed being in the community so long?

Thanks

Old 10-26-2009, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,637 times
I am considering buyng in this locatio, but have recently heard a lot of negative feedback on Potomac Club in regards to safely, maintenance, and security....can anyone who lives there now confirm or dispute this for me? For anyone who already bought, would you reconsider your decision after having lived there?

Old 11-07-2009, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,931 times
I bought a townhouse here in 2008 and to be honest, I like my place and have not had any security problems but I live in the center of Potomac Club so I may be shielded from issues that those on the outer periphery may have. I have been away on business trips, have an alarm system, and I have not had any problems thus far. I was told there would be "manned security" as the gates and that was a selling point for me but it appears that won't happen. I could even live with manned gated from 8PM to 5AM if it comes down to money. The gates open and 4 cars can get in before it starts to close and the gates auto opens even at that point. I have seen cars lined up waiting for someone to swipe their card and open the gate. The day someone get hurt (or worse) due to the potnetial negligence on the part of the Potomac Club and security, I think they will face a substantial lawsuit. The close proximity of the balconies worry me though. I plan to keep my townhouse as a rental property and plan to move back Alexandria or Arlington in two years. The HOA rules don't appear to be enforced and there are more than one set of HOA rules (one for Potomac Club and one for each individual homebuilder). Overall, I would give Potomac Club a C at best and that is primarily because of the home, management would get something less than a C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia