Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:00 AM

808 posts, read 1,678,399 times

Advertisements

I can't find one. And jesus, every car wash I look up in the area has just the absolute worst reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
I use the Smart Car Wash. It's fine. I think it does a nice job on the wheels versus what other drive thru washes do.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Why do you think Brushless will be any better? I find those do the worse job typically.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:49 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,399 times
Maybe if you're really, really trying to clean an absolutely filthy car, but if you're just trying to rinse off the salt, a brushless won't leave the car looking all hazy.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 PM

When you say brushless, do you mean having absolutely NO things that hit your car or do you mean no "bristles" on the machinery. I take it to mean brushless and mainly having foam material scrubing the car versus bristles. I thought just about every car wash was brushless now.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:44 PM

143 posts, read 335,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
When you say brushless, do you mean having absolutely NO things that hit your car or do you mean no "bristles" on the machinery. I take it to mean brushless and mainly having foam material scrubing the car versus bristles. I thought just about every car wash was brushless now.
I'm curious about this, too, and I am hoping someone will respond as to what exactly "brushless" means. I haven't seen a car wash with actual bristly brushes in years, but do the foamy curtain things count as brushes?

I have a new car, and I am looking for the best way to keep it clean without little scratch marks/haziness. I'd really like to find a do-it-yourself car wash station but I haven't been able to find anything like it in the Arlington/Falls Church/Fairfax area.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 PM

13 posts, read 18,688 times
I like the Smart Car Wash. Their 25 dollar wash is good, and they have unlimited washes for 35 a month. Its a pretty good deal if you can take it during the week when its not very busy.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,909 times
Default the Smart Car Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass402 View Post
I like the Smart Car Wash. Their 25 dollar wash is good, and they have unlimited washes for 35 a month. Its a pretty good deal if you can take it during the week when its not very busy.
I stopped by the Smart Car Wash. I waited for 3 hours, and it was worked on for maybe 45 minutes. I was in the Dak's restaurant across the parking lot, so I could see my car the whole time. When it was declared done the guy who worked on it made a HUGE deal about how hard he worked, but it was so transparent. There were streaks all over the windows that blurred them, bits of bird crap still on the exterior, and the nooks/crannies inside had not been touched and still had dirt on them. I expected detailing to mean they pay attention to actual "details." I could have gotten Mr. Wash's 13 dollar deal and it would have been just as good. The only thing I appreciated was the bike grease stain on the back seat was gone...but the shampooing they did was still shoddy. My floor mats look like crap. If I hadn't been there for 3 whole hours already, I'd have stayed and made him work on that stuff.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:32 AM

707 posts, read 1,407,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass402 View Post
I went to Smart car wash once last year, never again, my car wasn't clean and there were swirl marks all over my car and the guys working there were not very detailed oriented at all.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Oh, I've never had a detail at the Smart Car Wash. When I recommended it I was only refer to the drive-thru service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia