Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 PM

69 posts, read 108,775 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the great comments. It looks like I can't get away with the traffic anyway.

Quote:
Stpickell :
I think Leesburg would be bit far away. Thanks for your thought though.

Quote:
KittyTwoShoes :
When I said Aldie, I mean up to 50 and Gum spring Rd & braddock road area. Now i realized how big Aldie is !!

Quote:
Mikebnllnb & All ;
Which areas in Ashburn are better. I'm bit familiar with Aldie but not at all with Ashburn. I been looking up in the maps.

I found a new townhome 2 miles from Pinebrook Element. school for 450k with 2500 sq ft. Is this avg price? I can't find anywhere for 400k.

I have no idea how people are buying this expensive homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 07:03 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,146,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraj View Post
Thanks for all the great comments. It looks like I can't get away with the traffic anyway.

When I said Aldie, I mean up to 50 and Gum spring Rd & braddock road area. Now i realized how big Aldie is !!

Which areas in Ashburn are better. I'm bit familiar with Aldie but not at all with Ashburn. I been looking up in the maps.

I found a new townhome 2 miles from Pinebrook Element. school for 450k with 2500 sq ft. Is this avg price? I can't find anywhere for 400k.

Contact a local real estate agent to help with the search. If you're in the 20147 or 20148 zip codes in Ashburn any school will be fine. All the schools here are top notch. The bigger communities will offer the most amenities. I live in Broadlands and love it. There's lots of new construction here so that's an option
as well.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:20 PM

126 posts, read 189,703 times
Default Chantilly

Chantilly is best..there are lot of new constructions between Loudoun Cnty Pkwy & auto park.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:00 PM

9,894 posts, read 14,181,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rome99 View Post
Chantilly is best..there are lot of new constructions between Loudoun Cnty Pkwy & auto park.
New construction...sure. Under the OPs budget? I'm not so sure......

Old 01-28-2014, 07:13 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,522,870 times
Quote:

OK. I think the extra room is worth the 10 extra minutes that a commute from Leesburg would entail -- and you even express a wish for a SFH -- but your desire for newer construction + closer in can override that.

There's really no bad areas of Ashburn. I wouldn't fret about that.

The closer you are to 267 or Waxpool the better it is for a "generic" commute as there's more jobs along 267 in NE Loudoun/NW Fairfax and Tysons than there are in Chantilly/Fair Lakes along 50.

IMO, you'd be fine even in Sterling as long as you're not zoned for Park View HS or its elementary school feeders.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:10 AM

367 posts, read 885,952 times
My husband does Leesburg to Chantilly daily and its not bad at all. Honestly that is where you are going to get your bang for your buck. We were open to all of loudoun and really enjoyed Round Hill/Purcellville but choose Leesburg. In the end do what is best for your needs but keep all options open. With just a quick search on your price range I really don't see you living in chantilly. Hands down you have a Leesburg budget!

Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,578,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv101010 View Post
My husband does Leesburg to Chantilly daily and its not bad at all. Honestly that is where you are going to get your bang for your buck. We were open to all of loudoun and really enjoyed Round Hill/Purcellville but choose Leesburg. In the end do what is best for your needs but keep all options open. With just a quick search on your price range I really don't see you living in chantilly. Hands down you have a Leesburg budget!

Yep, I agree. Leesburg should be your primary area of search. Plus, likely value protection and appreciation to occur in Leesburg over the coming years as it becomes less remote to DC via Silver Line nearby. The builders see this happening already, and you can see it from where they're returning to build new again, which is east of Leesburg in that pocket between River Creek Pkway and Battlefied Pkwy, and just south of Leesburg along Rte. 15.

In the boom time of 06', they were there with McMansions. The bust happened, and they retreated closer in towards Brambleton. You could get into Brambleton for $530k on a SFH and $425k on a TH, until the spring of 12'. Then prices took off for Brambleton and are now playing in the $650k SFH / $500k TH range, with the likely push even further to the $700k+ averages for SFH. I think it'll old steady at that number for a couple of years while those who bought during the 06' boom realize their values have come back to allow them to move too, and that vintage of the housing stock clears the market. If you ask me, those are going to be some of the best deals in town, as they really loaded up a home on size and amenities back in the 06' days.

What you could buy 3 years ago in Brambleton, has now been pushed further west towards Rt. 15 and Leesburg.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:27 PM

69 posts, read 108,775 times
Quote:
stpickrell
I see what you saying. I'll definitely think about it. For some reason I didn't find homes(much) for sale in Reston and Sterling area. Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv101010 View Post
Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Nc211 :
Thanks for the details. One thing I can tell is I should buy a home sooner Otherwise I'll be kicked further North ;(

Is there any better online sites to look for homes? So far I'm just looking in zillow.com.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,900,181 times
Quote:
I see what you saying. I'll definitely think about it. For some reason I didn't find homes(much) for sale in Reston and Sterling area. Thanks a lot

Thanks for the details. One thing I can tell is I should buy a home sooner Otherwise I'll be kicked further North ;(

Is there any better online sites to look for homes? So far I'm just looking in zillow.com.
mrishomes.com is more accurate imo

Old 01-29-2014, 07:08 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,323,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
You could get into Brambleton for $530k on a SFH and $425k on a TH, until the spring of 12'. Then prices took off for Brambleton and are now playing in the $650k SFH / $500k TH range, with the likely push even further to the $700k+ averages for SFH
This type of unabated enthusiasm for home price explosion sounds so familiar, I swear I've heard it somewhere before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia