Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:32 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,469,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Last time I checked the only person I had a negative tone towards was elderprice who decided to come in throwing insults.

If it makes you feel better about your life to come into city data and resort to insults go right ahead. Your not even annoying me a tad bit. Go ahead let it out I'm sure the stressors in your life aren't going away anytime soon and this is your only relief. I sincerely hope that you can actually improve your real life to a point where you don't have to use these threads as a stress relief measure.
And I sincerely hope that you can actually improve your real life to a point where you learn the difference between "your" and "you're"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 07:32 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,319,193 times
Quote:
Yes because apparently you know all the intricate details regarding my position and exactly how it affects my departmental operations.
Just sayin. Your job doesn't sound too essential if you only have an hour of work every 8 hour shift. If you don't want to hear it don't put it on city data.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:33 PM

617 posts, read 1,357,246 times
Quote:
If by making myself look not too good you are referring to the post sounding "vein, boastful, proud" then I agree. I do feel all of those feeling regarding where I'm in life right now. But that's because I worked extremely hard to get to where I'm at. I thought that was the gold standard in the USA? Working honestly to advance your career as much as possible. I'll wager most people who get ahead at least feel some of that.
No, it's the part where you brag about getting paid for eight hours for only doing one to two hours of work. (Vain) boastful, or proud doesn't really get me riled up, you just make yourself sound lazy. Maybe you discovered some magic sweet spot, and congratulations if you did.

Or maybe I just don't understand how a law enforcement position could be set up in such a way. I'm a Fed (in a law enforcement agency), which means I already have to battle initial perceptions of laziness, but I've busted my butt and worked my way into an acting branch chief position, potentially a full time one, in my early-mid thirties. That might not be unusual in some agencies but it is in mine. I've had to worker harder, longer, and occasionally from home on the weekends, with each pay grade raise, not less. The only way someone could ascend to that level doing only 1/4 of a days work would be if they delegated everything and purposely avoided responsibility for anything. I can't imagine ever being told "hey, we're going to make you the new full time supervisor, with the GS-14 to go with it. By the way, you only have to work two hours a day now." That just doesn't compute.

As I said, I won't jump on you about it because maybe you've discovered some sweet gig, and maybe it's something everyone would love to do. But the way you go about presenting yourself doesn't come off well.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:49 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,969,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehead View Post
No, it's the part where you brag about getting paid for eight hours for only doing one to two hours of work. (Vain) boastful, or proud doesn't really get me riled up, you just make yourself sound lazy. Maybe you discovered some magic sweet spot, and congratulations if you did.

Or maybe I just don't understand how a law enforcement position could be set up in such a way. I'm a Fed (in a law enforcement agency), which means I already have to battle initial perceptions of laziness, but I've busted my butt and worked my way into an acting branch chief position, potentially a full time one, in my early-mid thirties. That might not be unusual in some agencies but it is in mine. I've had to worker harder, longer, and occasionally from home on the weekends, with each pay grade raise, not less. The only way someone could ascend to that level doing only 1/4 of a days work would be if they delegated everything and purposely avoided responsibility for anything. I can't imagine ever being told "hey, we're going to make you the new full time supervisor, with the GS-14 to go with it. By the way, you only have to work two hours a day now." That just doesn't compute.

As I said, I won't jump on you about it because maybe you've discovered some sweet gig, and maybe it's something everyone would love to do. But the way you go about presenting yourself doesn't come off well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
Just sayin. Your job doesn't sound too essential if you only have an hour of work every 8 hour shift. If you don't want to hear it don't put it on city data.
When people make a LOGICAL post refuting what I'm stating I have absolutely no problem with that. And I'm more then willing to reciprocate with a logical post to clarify what I mean. Thank you both for doing so.

You reading this Kutra11? I may sound arrogant in my posts but you sound like someone who's working with half a brain up to this point. The only factual part of any of your posts was making a minor correction of my grammar (which btw is another classic tell that you have nothing intelligent to say). The rest of your posts have just been utter nonsense that adds nothing to the conversation.

Anyway, my posts deals with the planning and implementation of certain special field operations for my department. Just to clarify, I don't deal with planning the entire operation, just certain parts of it. That's as much detail as I'm allowed to give regarding that. I got there by working in posts where I was the one taking part in those operations. I by no means had it easy. In fact the first 7 years of my career was brutal. And I volunteered for many things that most wouldn't even consider even if they were paid triple. Some days ran into 16-18 hours of being in the field. There was a six month assignment I took where I worked 7 days a week for that entire six months (no breaks) and worked approx. 89 hours a week. That's what eventually led me to my position.

So I wasn't saying I got to my position by doing nothing, I was saying I wanted to get a position where I could do less so I worked harder then everyone else to prove I deserve that position. I'm not a supervisor in my department, so that doesn't apply to me. My position is strictly desk work so I'm able to be efficient to a point where I can complete most necessary tasks in 1-2 hours tops.

Last edited by griffon652; 03-20-2014 at 07:59 PM..

Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,333,847 times
Sounds like you both need to quiet .

Old 03-21-2014, 04:34 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,183,151 times
Going forwards, relevant and respectful advice and opinions will maximize the life of this thread and minimize infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia