Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,134,378 times

Advertisements

Man threatens police in Tysons Corner, standoff underway - WTOP.com

Anyone else think tysonsengineer might have finally hit his limit on the number of exburb-ers complaining about the traffic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,360,429 times
Most of the exburbers complaining about traffic are folks that move to NoVA with unrealistic expectations, expecting all of their hometown amenities and conveniences to be presented to them on a silver platter.

That said, I can't believe you still havent gotten over the pissing contest over the Greenway and Toll Road commute

I hope the standoff situation is resolved as quickly as possible.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,826,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Man threatens police in Tysons Corner, standoff underway - WTOP.com

Anyone else think tysonsengineer might have finally hit his limit on the number of exburb-ers complaining about the traffic?
That's funny, but after reading about this, it sounds like someone else, not him.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 AM

158 posts, read 216,755 times
I always thought tysonsengineer lived some place more "green" then the Rotunda. Not sure he would agree to the Republican idea of a Condo fee. I was guessing a tent near the trailer park behind RT 50 Fairfax walmart. He has all the amenities of a Walmart, Bus stops, and Merrifield garden center to plant new trees.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,134,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianExec View Post
I always thought tysonsengineer lived some place more "green" then the Rotunda. Not sure he would agree to the Republican idea of a Condo fee. I was guessing a tent near the trailer park behind RT 50 Fairfax walmart. He has all the amenities of a Walmart, Bus stops, and Merrifield garden center to plant new trees.
Seriously, I did not start this thread as an intent to bash tysonsengineer, nor do I think this thread should head in that direction. I was just making a joke, as he is actually the only person I "know" who lives in Tysons Corner, and he recently expresed some discontent about the number of people who complain about traffic. That's it.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,319,029 times
Great trolling. Love the fact the moderators don't have any issues with Italian Exec sayin I'm homeless.

Republican idea of a condo fee? Watch out! We have a genius over here.

For those who aren't total a-holes, the standoff did end peacefully. No idea what the issue was about, I don't live in that community but I heard from a lot of people who do who were confused since there hasn't been anything like this in the 20+ years they have lived there. But I'm sure some of the geniuses who love using Tysons as a punchline will find amusement for the next couple of days. I'd return the favor by making fun of Chantilly or Centreville, but that would just be mean, after all haven't people who live in Chantilly and Centreville suffered enough?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:54 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,247,500 times
I doubt the mods are checking these boards 24/7. But yes, I believe Italian Exec went a little overboard.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,727,487 times
Funny--An "exec" who doesn't know the difference between "than" and "then." Though you know what? I think in his case, it must be short for "execrable." Perfect!

Glad the standoff was resolved peacefully. Untreated mental illness seems to be rampant these days.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,319,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Glad the standoff was resolved peacefully. Untreated mental illness seems to be rampant these days.
Agreed, it really was an odd situation. There have been a couple cases of people being treated for mental illness committing a crime in Tysons the last couple of years (the horrific murder of the child at the Mall off the walkway bridge) and the stabbing death of a pyschiatrist by their patient on Old Meadow Drive. I think the only other murder that's happened in Tysons the past decade was a random shooting outside of some event at the Sheraton last year between two people who knew each other (over some girl IIRC)

The scariest part about violence of a random nature like that is, it doesn't matter what the police presence is, when someone snaps like that. Its not an issue of systemic crime, but I do find it odd that we've had 3 high profile ones in such a short span (half a decade).

Thankfully in this case the person went peacefully and hopefully he can get the help he needs.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,420,342 times
I work right across the street from where this happened, I can see the rotunda from my office window. It took me forever to get to work this morning because they blocked off almost all the roads leading to Greensboro Dr. It is just sad that this whole incident was the result of a noise complaint because the guy was playing loud music, I guess you never really know who your neighbors are. Scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia