Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,916 times

Advertisements

[quote=tysonsengineer;36066423] You have perhaps some sort of ghetto meter that reads out like a gieger counter as you approach lethal doses of ghetto? I think you can take iodine pills if you are truly concerned.[/quote] Hmm, an interest in pharmaceutical research too?? You should try one of the health threads for that passion of analysis.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:03 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
hey you never know, right? If Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house...
With tysonsengineer's telescopical skills & constant diagnosis and now prescribing of "iodine pills", maybe he can see Disneyland from his home.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:44 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,320,778 times
[quote=imalert;36066574]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
You have perhaps some sort of ghetto meter that reads out like a gieger counter as you approach lethal doses of ghetto? I think you can take iodine pills if you are truly concerned.[/quote] Hmm, an interest in pharmaceutical research too?? You should try one of the health threads for that passion of analysis.
Thats not health, its chemistry. Iodine pills are used in high radiation areas to avoid radiation poisoning and it was a joke. Still haven't told us how you have been able to measure these off the chart levels of Ghetto in Pentagon City. The land values do not tend to agree with you in terms of its downward trajectory, its still one of the most expensive areas to live in within Northern Virginia.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:52 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,494,313 times
it's like spidey sense, it just starts to tingle when you get close to the ghetto. You look around and you start to notice things and then you go "woah! Let's get outta here!"

Old 08-13-2014, 03:02 PM

51 posts, read 71,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Lol the stupidity has gotten more stupider. Who the hell cares about Miami Gardens or Aventura. I could give a damn about those s-holes. They sound like the exact place I dont want to be.

Heres the thing. All the racist idiots taking this moment to talk about how metro will bring the PG crowd into Virginia dont even live in Tysons. I do. I want the metro. So all you racists go live in Woodbridge where crime evidently doesn't exist. Or Leesburg where crime doesn't exist. Or centreville where crime doesn't exist. This is not to say that those places are dangerous hang outs for "PG folks" or whatever you want to call them today. It is to say that crime happens everywhere, and in fact incidence rates of crime actually go down in urban areas on a per capita basis. SO shut the f up, and if you are so damn pissing your pants afraid; move. Some of us don't drop bricks over the sight of someone who doesnt have an ancestory.com profile with a minimum 6 generations mapped.
tysonsengineer - very well said.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:09 PM

51 posts, read 71,280 times
Tysonsengineer - I keep trying to rate your posts positively like 100 times each, but of course the CDF system won't let me.

Just know I would if I could.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:36 PM

208 posts, read 225,324 times
Quote:
it's like spidey sense, it just starts to tingle when you get close to the ghetto. You look around and you start to notice things and then you go "woah! Let's get outta here!"
That's called fear. Uninformed, irrational fear. Metro has opened near all sorts of malls before and none of this nutcase crime-wave scenario has ever unfolded anywhere. Not at Pentagon City. Not at White Flint. Not at Chevy Chase Pavilion. Not at Mazza Gallerie. Not at Ballston Common. Nowhere. It's all just a dose of rubbish.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:14 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,494,313 times
fear is good, fear keeps you alert, fear keeps you careful, fear keeps you alive

Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,255,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
With tysonsengineer's telescopical skills & constant diagnosis and now prescribing of "iodine pills", maybe he can see Disneyland from his home.
I have followed this and I don't believe I've responded as of yet. I'm a long time NOVA resident and have over 35 years in LE in NOVA. (30 sworn and 5 non sworn) I work right down the street from the Silver Line in Tyson's yet I don't use it and likely never will. I still work closely with local LE to include Fairfax. You have come on here from the first page throwing BS around and trying to claim knowledge you apparently do not have. Fear mongering is what someone accused you of early on and they were spot on. The more I read on this topic the more I realize that racism has reared its ugly head thanks to you and a few others. You really have made no points that lead any credence to what you are claiming and tend to just dig the hole deeper for yourself. Tyson's will not become a hotbed of crime, loiters or any such thing. Will there be crime? Of course there will be. Unavoidable no matter where you are. But why you chose to start this topic is just beyond me.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:13 AM

596 posts, read 730,812 times
Quote:
fear is good, fear keeps you alert, fear keeps you careful, fear keeps you alive
Fear is not always good. Fear can also be irrational and paralyzing. People should aim for balance in all things. The kind of fear your previous post described with the "oh my god, my tingling spidey sense tells me I'm near the ghetto, I gotta get outta here!" nonsense is more than bordering on irrational. Not to mention ignorant. Every person who lives in a lower socioeconomic area is not out to rob or murder you. There's a difference between being mindful of your surroundings and living in constant fear of anyone who's different from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia