Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:02 PM

15,440 posts, read 25,862,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
would rep but evidently the website says I've loved your posts too much and have to spread it around. Made me chuckle any way.
I repped it just for you.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:30 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,323,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
So, anyone gone to the new Shake Shack at Tysons yet? By Silver Line or any other means of transportation?
Not yet, promised wife I'd wait for her to come back from work trip. BTW, that plaza is great. Automatically improved options for lots of residents in terms of a gathering place and spot to hang out.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 PM

7,084 posts, read 9,593,440 times
More than one study has shown that criminals do NOT use public transportation to unfamiliar places 25 miles away to commit crime with NO way to get back after said crime but public transit. And unless these said criminals or "ghetto" teenagers are wearing their birth certificates on their sleeves, it's pretty bold to assume they all originate from a particular area.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:11 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,512,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
More than one study has shown that criminals do NOT use public transportation to unfamiliar places 25 miles away to commit crime with NO way to get back after said crime but public transit. And unless these said criminals or "ghetto" teenagers are wearing their birth certificates on their sleeves, it's pretty bold to assume they all originate from a particular area.
It remains to be seen whether crime will spike because of the Silver Line. Do you really think overpaid lobbyists and single-source government contractors are going to take Metro to facilitate their criminal activity? We'll see.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Maybe the cops see how Pentagon City was almost taken over by shoplifters and teen loiterers from the DC area.
Uhhh, when was this?

Old 08-13-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Uhhh, when was this?
Thats her perception of what happened... you know from her house in Upper Marlboro she can see Pentagon City and such.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,498,036 times
in a way I'm glad Leesburg outlets is way out in the boondocks

Old 08-13-2014, 10:59 AM

921 posts, read 1,133,474 times
Quote:
Thats her perception of what happened... you know from her house in Upper Marlboro she can see Pentagon City and such.
Quote:
non-white doesn't mean you can't be a xenophobe or cast stereotypes on entire groups of people. Ghettofication independent of race is still a massive stereotype of lower income people. PS white people are not the sole owners of racism either way, not that you are racist, but sorry to break it to you, you are classist and a xenophobe by your statements. Time to come to grips with that reality... before you move to Arizona or Utah atleast.

First of all, no one said "Pentagon City" can be seen from my residence in Upper Marlboro. I visit Pentagon City quite frequently.

Also, what does my future move to "Arizona or Utah" have to do with this? Please stay on topic. BTW, are you that concentrated or angry that you have to study my posts from various threads having nothing to do with this one in order to come up with more of your irrelevant arguments? Please stick to your field technology since both your psychological & telescopical readings are way off course!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
First of all, no one said "Pentagon City" can be seen from my residence in Upper Marlboro. I visit Pentagon City quite frequently.

And in these "quite frequent" trips to Pentagon City you have been somehow assaulted, attacked, or robbed by the ghettofication, as you put it, that has occurred? Or is your perception that of a person who sees people different than themselves in dress, demeanor, or race and generally assumes that they are bad news despite having no actual communication with them? You have perhaps some sort of ghetto meter that reads out like a gieger counter as you approach lethal doses of ghetto? I think you can take iodine pills if you are truly concerned.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:46 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,498,036 times
hey you never know, right? If Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia