Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 07:38 AM

19 posts, read 32,038 times

Advertisements

Looking for some information on this community. How is it to live there? How is the commute to the Ashburn area? Does it have a family-friendly community feel? My husband and I are looking to purchase a townhome with a budget of 400k. The townhomes in village green are huge and really appeal to us. We also like the proximity to Leesburg and Frederick. Our main concern is distance to a grocery store and other every day needs. We appreciate any feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 11:19 AM

7 posts, read 6,617 times
Wondering if the OP is still around or if anyone else could provide current information about this community. We're looking into it as well except my commute would be to Union Station.

Thanks!!

Old 01-01-2015, 02:14 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,255,297 times
Are you crazy???

If you are not now - you will be soon after you start commuting from Lucketts to Union Station.

You could easily be spending nearly 2 hours each way commuting!

Old 01-01-2015, 02:20 PM

9,890 posts, read 14,174,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
Are you crazy???

If you are not now - you will be soon after you start commuting from Lucketts to Union Station.

You could easily be spending nearly 2 hours each way commuting!
Commuting from Lucketts to Union Station via MARC is actually a pleasant (albeit long) journey.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:28 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,255,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Commuting from Lucketts to Union Station via MARC is actually a pleasant (albeit long) journey.
Google maps says 1:33 via MARC from Lucketts to Union Station -- add a little time for parking and waiting for the train and for getting from Union Station to the office, and you are at nearly 2 hours each way. May be pleasant but nearly 4 hours of commuting a day will make anyone crazy.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:04 PM

9,890 posts, read 14,174,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
Google maps says 1:33 via MARC from Lucketts to Union Station -- add a little time for parking and waiting for the train and for getting from Union Station to the office, and you are at nearly 2 hours each way. May be pleasant but nearly 4 hours of commuting a day will make anyone crazy.
if the 1.5 hours each way can be used to work, sleep, catch up on TV shows, or anything else.....it isn't really a bad commute.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:43 AM

No worries, we've ruled it out. It really is way too far out there. We are currently in MD and we are considering a move to VA in the next year or so. My husband may be working in the Chantilly/Herndon area, it's not 100% yet. My job location will not change so I will need to get to Union Station. I take the MARC now. We have a newborn, so schools for the future is important when deciding where to buy. We have big townhouse now so getting something older with less square footage is not an option. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2015, 12:58 PM

601 posts, read 594,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALM818 View Post
No worries, we've ruled it out. It really is way too far out there. We are currently in MD and we are considering a move to VA in the next year or so. My husband may be working in the Chantilly/Herndon area, it's not 100% yet. My job location will not change so I will need to get to Union Station. I take the MARC now. We have a newborn, so schools for the future is important when deciding where to buy. We have big townhouse now so getting something older with less square footage is not an option. Thanks!
Some friends of ours moved to Village Green last year, and they work in the Bailey's Crossroad side of Falls Church - I told them (affectionately) that they were damned fools for doing so. I can't even imagine Union Station. They seem happy enough there, though - They like all of the wineries that are around there.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:02 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,538,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALM818 View Post
Find something off of the VRE if you want to live far out since you work at Union Station. Bristow/Gainesville/Manassas wouldn't be a terrible commute to Chantilly.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Find something off of the VRE if you want to live far out since you work at Union Station. Bristow/Gainesville/Manassas wouldn't be a terrible commute to Chantilly.
Yes we will be looking into those locations as well. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia