Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 08:23 PM

25 posts, read 34,348 times

Advertisements

Hi all! We are moving to Annandale in early June but won't have access to our house until late July. Extended Stays are super expensive, like $189 a night! We're looking for ideas!

We've looked at Airbnb and there are a few options there but we want to expand the search and hear about other sites/options. We're not too picky (safe area #1!!, not too bad a commute <1hr for my hubby who will be going to Andrews AFB, kitchen, bathroom and at least enough space for two adults and 2 kids, no pets). Not looking for anything fancy and a radius around AAFB is fine too so anything in MD. My hubby is there now so he can swing by to check out a place if necessary! TIA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 08:39 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,433,698 times
The Extended Stay Springfield has military two bed rate for $100 so not sure where $190 is coming from.

Your other option is Craigslist for a short term sublet or stay. Furnished places are more likely to allow short term stays. It will be tough to find two bedrooms because anyone with that much space to rent wants a long term tenant for obvious reasons.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:51 PM

25 posts, read 34,348 times
Thanks, we'll look but even at $100 a night that's nearly $5000 for the time we need it :-(. We will check Craigslist!

Old 04-27-2015, 01:34 PM

17 posts, read 24,495 times
Didn't read through all of this so I apologize if this is duplicate information.

Had to find an extended stay for my husband prior to our move out there. It is expensive, but the way I found to cut the rate is using groups.hotels.com. Yes it says groups, but it's to get quotes on extended stay as well. Put in your requirements and then hotels will bid on the stay. I managed to get ours down to $65 a night in Fairfax! (about $74/night with tax). Hope that helps!

Old 04-27-2015, 02:49 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,672,082 times
I just relocated to Northern VA and am staying in an extended stay for a little while until I can secure a place closer to DC. Thru Priceline, I was able to secure an Express Deal in the Sterling, VA area for $44 a night. I did see some deals for the Springfield area because I was looking into that area as well. The only downside with the Express deals is you don't know the name of the hotel until after paying. But, I lucked up and landed a deal in a newly renovated, non-smoking hotel in a great area. I've been here two weeks so far. From what I've seen of the Northern VA area, the extended stay hotels all seem to be in nice areas. So, booking an Express deal would be the way to go. I booked it for one night at first, then once I got here and saw how nice it was, I extended my stay for the same low rate. Priceline will give you that option of adding nights to your stay after checking in. This is working out really good for me so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia