Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:38 PM

60 posts, read 124,366 times

Advertisements

Planning on moving to the area (New Job). The Workplace is northern virginia (Wellington Road).

Need help finding a nice, safe apartment, that is pet friendly (Large Dog). Something that is reasonably priced that is somewhat close by. Oh, I also shop at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and other organic/local type places, and use Anytime Fitness. I hope some smart local's would know the perfect place for me (oh and of course need to make some friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 08:01 PM

274 posts, read 350,003 times
Bristow, Gainesville, and Haymarket do not really have any apartments, but they do have townhouses or condos for rent. They are all great, safe communities. Manassas has several different apartment complexes. Trader Joe's is located in Centreville, which is where I shop as well. I live in Gainesville and it takes me about 15-20 minutes to get there on 66. Whole Foods is a little further up in Fairfax. Anytime Fitness is located in Bristow and I think they have one in Manassas as well. Hope this helps!

Old 04-21-2015, 09:54 PM

Great! I did locate the store locations. Coming from Virginia Beach (originally NY), it is going to be an adjustment. I have been through Manassas and Gainsville before. Though this is a first time actually moving. Any recommendations? The Pet friendly thing I know is going to be an issue.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:12 AM

Yes with a pet the number of available homes does go down, but there are options for sure. What is your budget and how big of a place are you looking for. The cost of rent is slightly higher in Gainesville area compared to Manassas. Gainesville has the Virginia Gateway which is new shops, bars, and restaurants.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:43 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,544,568 times
Harris Teeter and Wegmans are both in that area and are very similar to Whole Foods.

You live in one of my favorite areas of America! I love the Hudson Valley. Yeah, get ready for some really ugly sprawl. Shenandoah National Park won't be too far for you though.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:50 AM

1,533 posts, read 2,275,390 times
There are new apartments right on Wellington Rd (Arcadia) but don't know if they take dogs.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:40 AM

Yes Wegmans is awesome and has tons of organic food options and that is located on 29 in Gainesville. They have Harris Teeter's all around, but I am not as big of a fan. There prices seems crazy high to me. As far as the apartments, I do not know if they take dogs, but I think they are around $1400-1500 for a one bedroom. If you spend about $1700-1800 you could get a 3 bedroom townhouse, to at least have space for guest. The good thing is the area is nice and you have options!

Old 04-22-2015, 08:16 PM

1500 is about as high as I want to go. Something roughly 800 sq foot or so. Maybe with a Pool? (summer? I am currently in Virginia Beach, but have to move as jobs are practically non-existent here (unless your military, medical or entry level).

Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM

I was out showing a house earlier and my client coincidentally brought up the Arcadia apartments and said how they were pricey but the kitchens were nice. Their daughters boyfriend lives in them and likes them. Also I just did a search and there is a condo with garage available in Gainesville for $1625. Otherwise the options fall above $1700 right now, but things are always coming and going on the market.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:44 PM

25 posts, read 37,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxian View Post
Planning on moving to the area (New Job). The Workplace is northern virginia (Wellington Road).

Need help finding a nice, safe apartment, that is pet friendly (Large Dog). Something that is reasonably priced that is somewhat close by. Oh, I also shop at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and other organic/local type places, and use Anytime Fitness. I hope some smart local's would know the perfect place for me (oh and of course need to make some friends
Budget and what other things do you want to do in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia