Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 08:09 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,321,907 times

Advertisements

Delgaudio: Paul Ryan is the ‘homosexual lobby’s Trojan Horse’ | LoudounTimes.com

What an idiot

Don't forget Delgaudio was also caught (by me) illegally placing signs during the last national election for Virginia Senator, trying to frame the Warner campaign for it.

Loudoun residents, how the hell do you keep paying this guy money to act like this, let alone represent you.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-26-2015 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: Please stop advertising your own blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 10:57 AM

1,438 posts, read 780,895 times
Don't forget his famous fundraising letters. Here's one of his greatest hits:

"Dear Joe, One stormy night, I drove to a mailshop hidden deep in a nearly deserted stand of warehouses. I'd heard something was up and wanted to see for myself. As I rounded the final turn, my eyes nearly popped. Tractor-trailers pulled up to loading docks, cars and vans everywhere and long-haired, earring-pierced men scurrying around running forklifts, inserters and huge printing presses. Trembling with worry, I went inside. It was worse than I ever imagined. Row after row of boxes bulging with pro-homosexual petitions lined the walls, stacked to the ceiling. My mind reeled as I realized hundreds, maybe thousands, more boxes were already loaded on the tractor-trailers. And still more petitions were flying off the press.

"Suddenly a dark-haired man screeched, 'Delgaudio, what are you doing here?' Dozens of men began moving toward me. I'd been recognized. As I retreated to my car, the man chortled, 'This time, Delgaudio, we can't lose!' Driving away, my eyes filled with tears as I realized he might be right. This time the Homosexual Lobby could win it all. If you still oppose the radical Homosexual Agenda and want to defend the Family and marriage, then please immediately fill out the American Morality Survey and chip in with $5 or $10 or even $35 to Public Advocate right away."

How does Loudoun keep electing this guy? I thought the county was turning blue? If anything you would think the Republicanism practiced there would be suburban keep my taxes low brand not the bible thumping kind.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:14 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,315,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
How does Loudoun keep electing this guy? I thought the county was turning blue? If anything you would think the Republicanism practiced there would be suburban keep my taxes low brand not the bible thumping kind.
Please don't blame all of Loudoun for electing him. Blame the Sterling District. He has enough constituents that actually like him or thinks he gets things done for him, and turnout is poor in Virginia's off-year elections. He does things like sending out a survey to "Sterling Americans", worded with leading questions, and then publishes results that make it sound like he had something to do with them (for example, that he somehow led the charge to repave Sterling Boulevard when it was just that area's turn in the VDOT rotation).

I am not a Republican, but many of my neighbors in the Blue Ridge District are, and most of them are small government/financial conservative/libertarian-leaning types. There is plenty of dissent within the LCRC itself - that's why there are these messed-up races for Chairman of the Board of Supervisors (Republican incumbent running as an independent against another independent, a Republican who is Delgaudio's attorney, and a Democrat) and County Sheriff (three-way race between the Republican incumbent; independent who used to be sheriff as a Republican; Democrat who sends crazy ranting letters to the police association). There are candidates suing one another and conservative activists initiating campaign finance investigations against their own. And Delgaudio is the court jester. It is apparent during Board meetings how the other supervisors (all Republican, but again, not unified in their opinions on most things) feel about him. (BTW, there must be enough people out there who like his fantasies about gay warehouse workers, TSA patdowns, and pirates because he makes his living from their donations.)

Old 10-20-2015, 04:17 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,406,678 times
Yikes.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:03 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,534,652 times
Republicans have won Board seats in very blue Arlington before. Pretty much tells you all you need to know about the turnout in these elections.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:45 PM

467 posts, read 1,523,405 times
Most Loudoun residents despise him, and certainly the other members of the BoS view him as an idiot. His district is the poorest in Loudoun and the residents of that district seem to like him, for reasons the rest of us do not understand.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:16 AM

9,884 posts, read 14,154,954 times
I lived in his district for seven years. While I cannot explain why he keeps getting re-elected, one of the reasons may be that he is very present in the community. In seven years, he must have knocked on my door four times. He is out and about, trying to meet his constituents, even on non-election years.

Also, there is a large Hispanic contingency in his district, who, historically, tend to oppose same-sex marriage, which is one of his huge platforms. This trend is changing and more and more Hispanics are voting in favor of same-sex marriage; so it would be interesting to see if he loses a lot of support in the next election.

Personally, I think his weird orange cap makes him look like a child molester; but maybe it works for others to remember him?

Old 10-22-2015, 07:22 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,534,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Also, there is a large Hispanic contingency in his district, who, historically, tend to oppose same-sex marriage, which is one of his huge platforms. This trend is changing and more and more Hispanics are voting in favor of same-sex marriage; so it would be interesting to see if he loses a lot of support in the next election.
More than anything, that explains why he keeps getting reelected -- turnout among Hispanics is terrible in Presidential years and it is completely abysmal in an off year off year election.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:31 AM

775 posts, read 1,051,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
More than anything, that explains why he keeps getting reelected -- turnout among Hispanics is terrible in Presidential years and it is completely abysmal in an off year off year election.
I think you're a bit mixed up. According to spencgr, Hispanics historically oppose same sex marriage, which is one of his big issues. Low voter turnout from a constituency that supports his views would not correlate to his reelection.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:00 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,734,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djplourd View Post
I think you're a bit mixed up. According to spencgr, Hispanics historically oppose same sex marriage, which is one of his big issues. Low voter turnout from a constituency that supports his views would not correlate to his reelection.
It's complicated. I think if you ask most lower-income Hispanics if they support gay marriage, they'll say no. (This is true of most lower-income groups, by the way--along with the very religious.) But they care a helluva lot more about immigration policy. Like people in other ethnic groups, their views moderate as education and income increase. (In fact, we're friends with a gay couple who live with the Hispanic extended family of the one guy.)

As more of them become citizens (through naturalization or birth), they're on their way to becoming a voting bloc too big to ignore--as we'll be seeing with the national election. (By which I mean if the GOP is dumb enough to nominate this buffoon Trump, he will lose--big. Even to a self-serving charlatan huckster like Hillary. Especially if she puts Julian Castro on the ticket. If the GOP were smart, it would nominate Jeb, with Rubio as VP. That ticket would win.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia