Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 04:06 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,364,899 times

Advertisements

I live in the N courthouse area and have yet to get any mail, as well as my neighbors. I live in an apt. and it was cleared of snow days ago.

Are you getting your mail in N. Arlington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 04:30 PM

15,172 posts, read 27,899,776 times
Don't get me started on the mail delivery - didn't get it during the worst of it (understood) - got it last Wed. - then nothing Thurs. or Fri. (and talked to neighbors who get much more than I do, (which I did after I was called and asked). - I contacted USPS, received a case no. - Sat. I rec. a message from the local P.O. stating how 1/22.. weather, etc. (which was NOT last week). - I call the USPS, they look up and see that problem wasn't addressed and restart it. Today I receive yet the same message about 1/22.... the person I spoke to today was worthless.

Good luck - I did get delivery on Sat. and today and received more than usual both times (and postmarks from things that I could see were way delayed).

Old 02-01-2016, 04:47 PM

529 posts, read 753,133 times
I have been getting mine since Thursday/Friday at least. Mail man dropped a package at my door and asked me to clear the mailbox area where mine and my neighbor's mail boxes are there. Once I cleared them, he started delivering our mails.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:46 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,282,283 times
The USPS shouldn't have to ask people to clear their mailboxes. It should be done automatically. Can't blame them for not delivering if it's not safe. If it is clear and no delivery then there is a legitimate complaint.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:39 AM

4,902 posts, read 7,477,721 times
We are at the bottom of a cul-de-sac and the plow dumps all the hard ice/snow right in from of ours. We dig a foot path from the driveway but it's impossible to clear for the truck to just swing by. Our mailman has been so nice--he knows we're older; we only missed one day of delivery.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:17 AM

529 posts, read 753,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
The USPS shouldn't have to ask people to clear their mailboxes. It should be done automatically. Can't blame them for not delivering if it's not safe. If it is clear and no delivery then there is a legitimate complaint.
That's right. But in my case it was almost impossible to clear it after snow plow dumped several feet of snow in front of the mail box. So, I opened up the sidewalk to reach the mailbox and it helped USPS to deliver mails.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:02 AM

540 posts, read 792,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Don't get me started on the mail delivery - didn't get it during the worst of it (understood) - got it last Wed. - then nothing Thurs. or Fri. (and talked to neighbors who get much more than I do, (which I did after I was called and asked). - I contacted USPS, received a case no. - Sat. I rec. a message from the local P.O. stating how 1/22.. weather, etc. (which was NOT last week). - I call the USPS, they look up and see that problem wasn't addressed and restart it. Today I receive yet the same message about 1/22.... the person I spoke to today was worthless.

Good luck - I did get delivery on Sat. and today and received more than usual both times (and postmarks from things that I could see were way delayed).
Interesting. There wasn't a piece of mail that I received that couldn't have waited weeks/months for, and that was just because it is W-2 season.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:02 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,027,528 times
Our mail was missing for several days.....and our roads were clear, too. What happened to "Through sleet or hail, wind or rain, ...."

Old 02-02-2016, 06:20 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,355,991 times
We have had a day or two of mail. The other days, no. Today was a no mail day. Right after the storm I shoveled a path to the mailbox. There is still a decent sized pile along the road, but access to the box no issue.

My wife told me someone in the neighborhood said the carrier mentioned he is alternating his route since it is taking longer having to get out of the truck.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:40 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,698,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
...What happened to "Through sleet or hail, wind or rain, ...."

Nothing happened to it. It is not, and never has been the motto of the USPS.

It is a translation from an ancient Greek work of Herodotus. The architect of the main Post Office in New York City thought it would look cool etched into the building's façade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: