Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:17 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,362,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Yeah... it's such a myopic way of looking at it. This is a HUGE region and there's so many different reasons behind someone's decision to live in a certain place, it's not as simple as: Hmmm, I work in DC, let's live 5 minutes away!

And how is living 60-90 minutes away (rush hour commute avg times) and willing to pay for private school make any sense?

Sure, the OP may have truly compelling reasons to want to live in Manassas and commute to DC, and not that I or anyone else needs to know those reasons. But without knowing them, the question seemed a little odd for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 05:06 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,680,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
And how is living 60-90 minutes away (rush hour commute avg times) and willing to pay for private school make any sense?

Sure, the OP may have truly compelling reasons to want to live in Manassas and commute to DC, and not that I or anyone else needs to know those reasons. But without knowing them, the question seemed a little odd for sure.
Because, believe it or not, living in Manassas or Woodbridge can be substantially cheaper than living closer in and you can STILL pay for private school. Also, if you happen to be Catholic, private Catholic school at the elementary level is a bargain.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:13 AM

19 posts, read 33,414 times
I'm moving to Manassas as my mother lives here and we are sharing a home together. That way, I can have live in help (I am a single mom). I'm just really concerned about her schooling, we are not Catholic but I am open to paying for a private or charter school. Any recommendations? Also, how bad is the drive from Manassas Park to Vienna metro in the mornings?

Old 04-13-2016, 10:40 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,268,683 times
Unless you leave extremely early, I would not drive from Manassas to Vienna metro. As a single driver this could take up to an hour. Then having to park, walk to the train, wait for the train.... you are definitely looking at 90+ minutes one way.

I would look into taking a bus or VRE depending on where exactly you are in Manassas

Old 04-13-2016, 12:49 PM

303 posts, read 593,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlin View Post
I would look into taking a bus or VRE depending on where exactly you are in Manassas
Yup. Take the VRE from the Manassas Park Station. Also, Manassas Park and Manassas are not one in the same. I've noticed that you call it MP one time and then Manassas another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia