Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 07:54 PM

24 posts, read 45,586 times

Advertisements

Hi!! Is Woodbridge VA safe? Not fimilar with the VA side.... Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 07:58 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,904,432 times
Fairly large city, encompassing a handful of zip codes.

Can you narrow down the areas you might be looking into?

Old 03-31-2016, 08:06 PM

South Woodbridge, Potomac Shores or Eagle Pointe more toward Dumfries?

Old 03-31-2016, 08:22 PM

cant go wrong with either of those neighborhoods, just be prepared for route 1 traffic, as it's the only way into either of those neighboods unless you use a cut through on Indus like a lot of people started doing

If you are looking at Eagles Pointe, might want to also include nearby Cardinal Grove

Old 04-01-2016, 06:10 AM

Thanks!!

Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,443 times
Default Living in Eagle Ridge and Selling Lovely Home

Hi! I'm selling my home in Woodbridge. [url]www.dwellus.com/eagleridge.com[/url] We loved it here.

Here's a few helpful points about our neighborhood
:

* Eagles Pointe Community: The HOA includes access to the swimming pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, and gym.

* Medical: The home is within 4 miles from an Inova Urgent Care and Sentara Northern Virginia Hospital, which just underwent a $3.7M expansion.

* Grocery: The Stonebridge Shopping Center is 3 miles away and has a Wegman's grocery, along with a variety of restaurants and shops.

* Commute: There is a commuter lot 3 miles south with carpool options and direct bus routes to the Pentagon and Washington, DC. (Omnibus Montclair 234 and South Route 1) and there is also a Virginia Rail Express stop within 4 miles from our home.

* School/Day-Care: There is a top-notch day care across from Eagles Pointe - Creme de la Creme - that also offers private kindergarten and private first grade (that's where our girls go). The Mary G. Porter Traditional School for grades 1-8, public school offered by lottery system, is within 3 miles. There is also a Catholic High School called Saint John Paul the Great within 4 miles and a new elementary school under construction.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:32 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,699,951 times
I'd like to piggyback off this thread. Currently living in Arlington.

There's a lot to like about Woodbridge, but I'm wondering if what I want exists:

1. Walkable to VRE
2. Good school.
3. Safe, close to shopping (not necessarily walking).
4. Less than 2k a month, preferably 3br, but 2br would work.

I think Woodbridge is beautiful, wish it had a bigger Asian pop.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:37 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times
Yes, it's pretty safe. I live a little north of the neighborhoods the OP has identified. Route 1 has gotten a bit better with the recent widening so there is some improvement, but it's pretty bad up through the older part of Woodbridge.

To Gaylord Focker--the walkable-to-VRE requirement would be the areas of Rippon and Belmont Bay. Neither of them feed into the better Woodbridge schools. They are close to shopping and you can definitely meet your price there.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yes, it's pretty safe. I live a little north of the neighborhoods the OP has identified. Route 1 has gotten a bit better with the recent widening so there is some improvement, but it's pretty bad up through the older part of Woodbridge.

To Gaylord Focker--the walkable-to-VRE requirement would be the areas of Rippon and Belmont Bay. Neither of them feed into the better Woodbridge schools. They are close to shopping and you can definitely meet your price there.
agreed. Given the option, I'd go Rippon to be closer to shopping

Old 12-05-2016, 05:26 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,699,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

Thank you! School deal is likely a disqualifier. Woodbridge is way out here. Tough choices, hard to balance, school, distance and area, in that order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia