Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:42 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,430,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqda4 View Post
A few already trespassed on my lawn (while pointing phones in the direction of my windows, driveway and bushes) and got yelled at. I surely hope none of them will try to snoop around my property after dark!
Me too. Strangers were running all over my yard last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
You guys are really ignorant about the app. There's no need for trespassing, the game only takes you to public points of interests and a few churches/cemeteries.
My yard is not public property. Normally, I'd just shrug it off (if it's a temporary thing) but some of my property got vandalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 12:31 PM

857 posts, read 851,615 times
FYI. One can request removal of a certain point from the game; just Google it.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:31 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,430,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
FYI. One can request removal of a certain point from the game; just Google it.
Yyyeeeesssss, that was the first thing I looked up right away.

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlab...form_id=319928 is the form for those interested.

I did not fill it out completely because I stopped at the mandatory field "Provide Exact Name of PokeStop." I'm not going to load and play the stupid game just to find out the name of my Pokestop. Yes, I thought about asking one of the trespassers but I was upset about the vandalism and decided to cool off a day before talking to any of them. If I find more people running around my property over the next few days, I will ask them.

Running around chasing Pokemon is fun. I get that. People in search of fun don't always respect personal property, I get that too. People who think casual trespass also entitles them to vandalism and theft for fun, them I don't get.

Last edited by ersatz; 07-13-2016 at 04:35 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 10:43 AM

39 posts, read 41,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
Yyyeeeesssss, that was the first thing I looked up right away.

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlab...form_id=319928 is the form for those interested.

I did not fill it out completely because I stopped at the mandatory field "Provide Exact Name of PokeStop." I'm not going to load and play the stupid game just to find out the name of my Pokestop. Yes, I thought about asking one of the trespassers but I was upset about the vandalism and decided to cool off a day before talking to any of them. If I find more people running around my property over the next few days, I will ask them.

Running around chasing Pokemon is fun. I get that. People in search of fun don't always respect personal property, I get that too. People who think casual trespass also entitles them to vandalism and theft for fun, them I don't get.
How long until the company starts getting lawsuits from innocent 3rd parties whose property/privacy is damaged by people tresspassing all the time. I can also see where players/crime victims might want to sue them as well (not sure how successful they would be, but the game company's lawyers would be kept busy dealing with it.)

Old 07-14-2016, 11:40 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,594,442 times
I've got an idea based on this goofy, yet apparently very popular and addictive game.....

Make one for the terrorists, and have the "bait" be whatever they'd be compelled to pursue. Then have the game lead them to a collection area like sheep, and......BaBye!

Just a thought...

Haven't seen anyone playing it in my neighborhood, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one of the kids picks up on it, and my garage becomes pokemontonville.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:23 AM

518 posts, read 928,528 times
Had a kid catch a Pokemon on the sidewalk in front of my neighbor's house. It was ridiculously easy to know what he was doing. Walking down the sidewalk staring at his phone, then he stops, turns and does some weird flicking motion. Next thing I know he's yelling down the street to his parents "I got one!!" I congratulated the kid, he was so happy.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:27 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,911,448 times
It's basically geocaching, and I think it's nice that people are out moving around and meeting folks from their communities. Once the initial novelty wears off (and the company refines the program) the annoyances will fade.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 AM

540 posts, read 794,036 times
Had multiple cars drive up near our house last night and then stop on the side of the road before moving on. Normally would have thought it strange and perhaps taken note of the situation a little closer. However, each had a passenger with their head buried in their phone and it was obvious what was going on. Driving seems like cheating, but as long as they are being safe, so be it.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:19 PM

32,632 posts, read 77,857,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout Zone View Post
Had multiple cars drive up near our house last night and then stop on the side of the road before moving on. Normally would have thought it strange and perhaps taken note of the situation a little closer. However, each had a passenger with their head buried in their phone and it was obvious what was going on. Driving seems like cheating, but as long as they are being safe, so be it.
Yes. I drove my partner around last night. He's a Pokemon Zombie. I've downloaded the app, played briefly, and then lost interest within an hour when I saw the data usage.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:12 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,956,356 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity
Is this seriously a thread where an adult tells kids to get off his lawn? LOL.
Yes would you want mindless zombies walking all over your lawn looking for something THAT ISNT REAL??

This whole thing is a disgrace!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: