Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 02:15 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,257,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
how did you deduce that from Bigfoots post
Cause they are an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 02:17 PM

He has the frame from his current full size bed so I guess just a mattress and box springs.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:57 PM

57 posts, read 68,377 times
I'm not sure what price range exactly he's looking for ... but there a lot of "bed-in-a-box" type places that you can get a mattress shipped to you for $500+ ... think Casper, Brooklyn Bedding, etc. Though, these (I think) just require a platform type base opposed to a conventional bed with box spring. If that's not the right price range, Ikea would also be a good place to look ... I think you can get a decent foam mattress there for a few hundred. (Also, Amazon has foam mattresses for pretty cheap too ... and you get the benefit of reading reviews before buying.)

Old 08-26-2016, 03:42 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,677,230 times
Costco usually has the best price, I think, on ready to buy mattresses.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:49 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,899,225 times
I just bought a Craigslist twin memory foam mattress last month 15 bucks. Its like new.I did not see any bedbug evidence but it's true I took a chance. Smelled a bit like curry but a good spray of vinegar and in the sun to dry and it smells great now.
I also just sold a full size platform bed- it was rosewood stained and it was gone in 2 days.
Man, Craigslist,Its addicting....

Old 08-26-2016, 03:55 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,896,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
He has the frame from his current full size bed so I guess just a mattress and box springs.
there was a place on 234 business in manassas, down across the intersection from the hooters (on the mall side) that was pretty cheap. I needed a set for staging on a property and grabbed a box spring/mattress. Cant remember the cost, but I cant imagine it was too much or I wouldn't have grabbed it.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:56 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,896,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlin View Post
He should take a look at the mattress place next to Red, Hot & Blue on Sudley. We bought a twin for a spare bedroom and recall it was reasonable
Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
there was a place on 234 business in manassas, down across the intersection from the hooters (on the mall side) that was pretty cheap. I needed a set for staging on a property and grabbed a box spring/mattress. Cant remember the cost, but I cant imagine it was too much or I wouldn't have grabbed it.
aaand I should have read further before posting, as thats the same place I was talking about. forgot red hot and blue was over there by the burger king

Old 08-26-2016, 04:11 PM

91 posts, read 111,612 times
About a year ago we bought one of the memory foam mattresses and we already had a bed. We were stuck though because we tossed out the box springs. After searching (and I recall it was expensive, merely thanks to shipping because we couldn't find any here) the local high school was running a mattress sale- where they get x-percent of what was sold. Random but that was where we were able to get just a box spring for a fair price. I think his cheapest option (perhaps $250 total) is to just buy a mattress and a platform bed frame from cyber world. Good luck to him!

Old 08-26-2016, 05:07 PM

15,150 posts, read 27,826,289 times
I'm a platform bed fan as well - more support (sorry can't help about mattresses, they are all over-priced, not flippable like the old days) - there is a company that still sells flippable mattresses (last MUCH long IMO) - BigFoot - you likely have a truck and could pick up - don't recall where exactly but somewhere in VA - Original Mattress Factory.

If you go there - can I "hire" you to get me a mattress as well? LOL

Old 08-26-2016, 07:00 PM

Wish I knew where you were talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia