Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 06:02 AM

152 posts, read 99,419 times

Advertisements

I just graduated from the University of Maryland in May and have since returned to Massachusetts to attend a postbac program to earn my initial teaching license. However, in the interest of being closer to my friends and connections, as well as always having liked the area, I am considering moving back once the program is finished. The program concludes with student teaching, which will end in May. Any advice on applying to school districts in NoVA/MD? The only district I would really prefer to avoid is Prince George's...and yes, I know I would have to transfer my license.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 01:15 PM

90 posts, read 156,940 times
Can speak only for Arlington County, but if you're back in May I'd recommend trying to become a substitute for the last couple of months of school. Great way to get your foot in the door, and it would already take care of finger printing, background check, etc. if you were to get a full time job for the fall. Perhaps similar to other districts, a lot of the Arlington jobs post in June and into the summer, so it may take some patience. In Arlington jobs are posted on a rolling basis, that is not on a specific day of the week. I advise people to pick a day of the week and check each week for new postings. Once you complete a teacher application all your info is in the system and then when you see a job in which you're interested, you would just add the job and it will pull all your application info in so that the hiring principal can then decide which candidates he or she wants to interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: