Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:06 AM

179 posts, read 299,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.A View Post
It's better than to plea innocent without a lawyer and look even worse for it. I can own up to my mistake, all I'm just asking for is just a lesser punishment. I am already in a terrible financial state (unrelated to driving).
Pay up sucker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 04:29 AM

15,438 posts, read 25,860,216 times
Quote:
It's better than to plea innocent without a lawyer and look even worse for it. I can own up to my mistake, all I'm just asking for is just a lesser punishment. I am already in a terrible financial state (unrelated to driving).
Your best financial bet is to follow Bigfoot 's advice here. If you don't, it will cost you in more than just fines.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:08 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,264,910 times
Quote:
I'll try one more time.

Go to court. PWC allows you to talk to prosecutor. (Unless something changed since I retired) Plead NG and your case is set back so you can speak with the prosecutor.

If not happy with a deal, and I'll wager you will be, then request a continuance. Then decide if you want to hire one. Maybe even talk to one out in the hallways for their advice and maybe you'll get one extra cheap.

Go in and plead guilty and you'll leave with a RD conviction. Of that I'm fairly certain.

Not sure what else I can say.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:46 AM

302 posts, read 869,385 times
Why are people trolling the NOVA forum with this junk???

Old 02-15-2017, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aville239 View Post
Why are people trolling the NOVA forum with this junk???

If you received a RD ticket would you not seek out assistance?

Old 02-15-2017, 03:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,429,588 times
The problem is in less than two years you've got an accident, driving around with high beams blinding people, speeding, cutting through lots (can I assume to cut off lights?) 2 years is short time, so it shows a pattern of you just not giving a crap about safety and the rules. When the cops runs your record in his car he sees that so there goes any leeway you had to have him to write it up lower. Courts pretty much work the same way but since this is the only serious offense you'll most likely get it knocked down to a regular speeding ticket (plus some nice court costs) but the driving school isn't a bad idea as it shows your trying. But then you actually NEED to cut the crap! A reckless charge (or even speeding) can end many job choices, let alone your insurance premiums. If you really can't afford a lawyer go in there and be honest and hope for some leniency. Good Luck.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 AM

302 posts, read 869,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
If you received a RD ticket would you not seek out assistance?
I would but from a lawyer not random people on City-Data.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aville239 View Post
I would but from a lawyer not random people on City-Data.

Not everyone wants to pay for a lawyer if they can avoid it.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:44 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,671,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Not everyone wants to pay for a lawyer if they can avoid it.
Not everyone wants to live in this state if they can avoid it. I know, don't let the door hit me on the way and all that other 1970's cliche jibe.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:56 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,113,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
Not everyone wants to live in this state if they can avoid it. I know, don't let the door hit me on the way and all that other 1970's cliche jibe.
You're been bashing Virginia for nearly a decade. How long does a motivated person need to develop an exit strategy to move to another one of the 49 states? Seriously, you love Virginia but want to keep it a secret....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia