Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 05:39 PM

15,182 posts, read 27,967,104 times

Advertisements

This thread has turned totally surreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 05:18 AM

3,109 posts, read 3,000,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I can get good produce from a lot of places around where I live. I rarely go to a Walmart and never to shop for food.

I never knew that Thailand was known as the supermarket to the world, I thought it was known as the place old western pedophiles go.

She might look like she is well underage if you live in a culture of carb crazy feminazis, who need a forty foot leash for their poodle to exercise. The truth is she is 38. Oh, and Suzie Wong, in the background was inspired by the 1960 Richard Burton movie: "The World of Suzie Wong." It's hilarious, and shows some great scenery of Hong Kong. Happy Hour normally starts at 17:00, but today is the start of Buddhist Lent, and alcohol sales are forbidden. Good thing I have a case of Bangkok brewed Heineken in the frig.. I should be in rare form, later.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to NOVA; tell me about the food-bkkdance.jpg  

Old 07-08-2017, 05:25 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,723,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperdiva View Post
Your posts never fail to entertain.

Thanks everyone for your input. When it comes to seafood, i love crab and fried clams, both of which suck in San Diego. And no decent Jewish style delis anywhere within a reasonable driving distance. I'm hoping that will be different in NOVA.
Crab: I found that west coasters really don't care for the Maryland Blue Crabs we get here. I grew up eating them and so when I go west and get that sort of "crab" it freaks me out a little bit. Blue crabs are delicious.

As for fried clams and things like that, all can be gotten on the eastern shore restaurants. That's a much bigger thing in the New England area. Living Maine for awhile, seafood was excellent.

Jewish style delis in NoVA? Nope, you will need to head on up to Montgomery County for that. And even then, few and far between.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:41 AM

250 posts, read 183,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Crab: I found that west coasters really don't care for the Maryland Blue Crabs we get here. I grew up eating them and so when I go west and get that sort of "crab" it freaks me out a little bit. Blue crabs are delicious.

As for fried clams and things like that, all can be gotten on the eastern shore restaurants. That's a much bigger thing in the New England area. Living Maine for awhile, seafood was excellent.

Jewish style delis in NoVA? Nope, you will need to head on up to Montgomery County for that. And even then, few and far between.
K. I can make my own Jewish food, and I'm quite good at that.

The thread derails are entertaining.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:02 AM

When Jack in the Box returns to DMV, it will be huge. Jack left in 85 or so, and has only been west of the Mississippi, but has recently surfaced East.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:39 AM

210 posts, read 419,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperdiva View Post
K. I can make my own Jewish food, and I'm quite good at that.

The thread derails are entertaining.
Chutzpah is a NYC style deli at Fairfax Town Center. Not bad.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:02 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,516,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAEER View Post
Chutzpah is a NYC style deli at Fairfax Town Center. Not bad.
There used to be a great Jewish Deli in Tysons but I think it closed? I like Loeb's NY Deli downtown.

As for fried clams, I agree with ChristineVA, New England/Cape Cod are the best I ever have had.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:00 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,048,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I like Loeb's NY Deli downtown.
Loeb's has been a terrific Jewish deli through two generations and nearly 60 years now. It's not in Nova of course, but then again, neither is any part of Thailand.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:24 PM

1076 registered sex offenders in DC.....great recommendation for a woman.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:01 AM

12,926 posts, read 9,730,411 times
Giant sucks.

If you like crabs, you're at the right place. Love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia