Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 09:59 AM

157 posts, read 219,315 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your responses. I've been looking in some areas that have seemed to be priced fairly high for fees around Old Town. I'm willing to commute as far west as Springfield, and north to Shirlington. The fees around these parts seem high, and I just am trying to better understand what is considered reasonable for this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 11:44 AM

6,591 posts, read 8,479,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkoreaus View Post
Thank you all for your responses. I've been looking in some areas that have seemed to be priced fairly high for fees around Old Town. I'm willing to commute as far west as Springfield, and north to Shirlington. The fees around these parts seem high, and I just am trying to better understand what is considered reasonable for this area.
Generally, the closer you get to DC, the more expensive housing gets.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:40 AM

118 posts, read 126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
I live in a mid rise condo building in Chiang Mai. I have a 341 sf studio. My HOA fee is 30 US per month, includes trash, sewer system, 24/7 security, CCTV, exterior maintenance, and building insurance. Water is 3 USD per 1000 gallons. There are no property taxes, here.
Wrong forum dummy!

Old 02-27-2018, 08:08 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,515,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkoreaus View Post
There are a lot of things that impact HOA and condo fees.

I tend to believe the fees on a high rise are higher than a garden style apartment of 3 floors or less. I am not sure where that jump happens but it has been my experience.

Services also affect the cost. I place a 24/7 Valet will have some really high fees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInDC View Post
Wrong forum dummy!
I believe he lives in Thailand, comes to preach to us how NOVA sucks, keep updated on child molesters and to let us know that we are paying to much for random things.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:04 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,762,317 times
I live in a townhouse community in Annandale. The development was created in 2003. We are paying $135/month. That gets us trash pickup, snow removal, and community landscaping service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia