Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,164 times

Advertisements

Where is the Nova night life? Or is it mostly nonexistent? I know where the bars and pubs are -- but they all seem to be scattered throughout the area, not too much going on. People going there are usually in groups, with families, or out on dates.

I'm a single male, 30, who just moved here, so I don't know anyone, which isn't the issue. What are some good bars - non expensive - we can just walk into, grab a beer after work, and chat up some people who are there alone? My intentions are solely to flirt / chat up women, so going as part of a group won't help me there - that would only increase the competition and waste time .. It seems the bars or night clubs / lounges (non existent?) around NOVA attract mainly people in groups, business meetings, with families, or out on dates.... not too much singles going there having a drink by themselves, hoping to meet someone. And in my experience, people who go to bars in groups are having too much fun keeping the conversation within their group to be open to others in the bar.

Where are some good places for that? I live in the Herndon area so I've been looking around Herndon/Reston/Sterling but this area seems awfully quiet. Are there better places in downtown DC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 08:38 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,740 times
reston town center, maybe downtown leesburg on the weekends. otherwise, head into DC

or go to some wineries on the weekend since you're out that way

Old 05-17-2019, 03:48 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,059,508 times
Have you tried One Loudoun?

Old 05-17-2019, 05:34 AM

1,750 posts, read 2,399,151 times
Herndon? Seriously?

If you are really into NoVA millennial nightlife hit the Orange Line on weekends between Ballston and Clarendon.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:38 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,396,802 times
Honestly the nightlife in NoVa is nonexistent. There’s some decent spots in Arlington but really DC is where most of us go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Have you tried One Loudoun?
I mean

Old 05-17-2019, 05:50 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,943 times
Yeah, if you're in Herndon, either One Loudoun or Reston Town Center are you closest options. They're decent. RTC has many women your age these days due to the job market being so great in the Dulles corridor, believe it or not. I was out there not too long ago and was surprised.

I don't suggest Arlington unless you're into 25 year old yuppie women who are surrounded by a ton of frat bros. But yeah, closest thing is DC for the main nightlife.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:32 AM

6,786 posts, read 4,227,308 times
He might well be one of the bros you are talking about, I mean who knows. The Wilson/Clarendon corridor between Ballston and Courthouse seems to me like its full of what OP is looking for... with the caveat of course that its primarily a yuppie crowd.

I mean lets be real here..OP has referenced suburban bedroom communities as areas where hes tried to find nightlife spots...If you don’t want to cross the river Arlington is easily the most obvious place to find it.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
He might well be one of the bros you are talking about, I mean who knows. The Wilson/Clarendon corridor between Ballston and Courthouse seems to me like its full of what OP is looking for... with the caveat of course that its primarily a yuppie crowd.

I mean lets be real here..OP has referenced suburban bedroom communities as areas where hes tried to find nightlife spots...If you don’t want to cross the river Arlington is easily the most obvious place to find it.

appreciate the guide! i still dont know this area very well... should probably check out those areas when I have the time. My only concern about the yuppie crowd is how much of a dent it would affect my budget. At this point, I just want to have some fun but nothing rowdy or drunk. After reading this thread, I'm starting to doubt the non-physical qualities of the women frequenting those places, but then again, I'm not currently in a financial position to be settling down or attracting wife material.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:11 PM

6,724 posts, read 6,715,548 times
There used to be a lot more burger and beer places along Wilson Blvd, Whitlow's is one of the few remaining, and it's not terribly expensive. There is absolutely nothing out near Dulles besides chain restaurants that you'll get bored of very quickly. Reston Town Center is as charming as an office building lobby, and as exciting as day care pickup. One Loudoun's even worse...except for the nearby Topgolf. About the only place out that way worth going to.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:59 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,245,857 times
Have you tried any of the following?

Jimmy’s in Herndon
http://www.jimmystavern.com/

Jackson’s in Reston
Home | Jacksons

Lake Anne Brew House
Lake Anne Brew House – BREWING BEER | BUILDING COMMUNITY

Ned Devines
http://www.neddevines.com/

BarTaco
https://bartaco.com/location/reston/...content=reston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia