Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 01:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,044 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking at moving into Lenah Mills in Aldie. We one day hope to adopt children. Is this area a pretty accepting area for LGBT families and little ones? Of course, we want to be in an area where we feel welcomed and our children in a few years will not be harassed for being outsiders. We are not all that familiar with the area, but we are both locating out that way for work long term. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 06:21 PM

197 posts, read 166,131 times
ummmm... you would have to drive around there to find out... but my $$ is on you being ok. We are on the other side of 50... up creigton and have a ton of lgbt families near us...

overall loudoun is pretty diverse between the interracial and lgbt couples... and the areas with the high indian populations are pretty cool too.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:22 AM

12 posts, read 11,602 times
Hi there,

My husband and I are an LGBT couple (I’m in my late 20s, hubby is late 30s), and we’re moving into new construction on the Aldie side of Willowsford next week.

We had a lot of the same concerns, and like you, want to start a family in the long-run. We also plan to stay in the area long-term because of our careers.

Three of our future neighbors have already very kindly introduced themselves to us, and we’ve felt very comfortable thus far. We’re moving from Centreville, and we looked high and low everywhere in Loudoun, and everywhere in Aldie (including Lenah Mill, McIntosh, Glenbury, Tanglewood, etc). We felt comfortable everywhere, so I think you should be fine.

Best of luck, and welcome to Loudoun County!

Old 07-30-2019, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 2,980 times
Hello there.
I live in Lenah Mill. Been here about 1 1/2 years. We do have lots of kids in the neighborhood. And the thing about the whole LBGT or what not, I think people are too busy commuting to work to care. And I don't think people care about that regardless. NoVa is a very diverse area and we have lots of Indian Americans and if anything they'll care more about whether you're from the same caste class as them or not haha.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdbu679 View Post
Hi there,

My husband and I are an LGBT couple (I’m in my late 20s, hubby is late 30s), and we’re moving into new construction on the Aldie side of Willowsford next week.

We had a lot of the same concerns, and like you, want to start a family in the long-run. We also plan to stay in the area long-term because of our careers.

Three of our future neighbors have already very kindly introduced themselves to us, and we’ve felt very comfortable thus far. We’re moving from Centreville, and we looked high and low everywhere in Loudoun, and everywhere in Aldie (including Lenah Mill, McIntosh, Glenbury, Tanglewood, etc). We felt comfortable everywhere, so I think you should be fine.

Best of luck, and welcome to Loudoun County!
Great! Thanks for your input!

Old 08-04-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vawter99 View Post
Hello there.
I live in Lenah Mill. Been here about 1 1/2 years. We do have lots of kids in the neighborhood. And the thing about the whole LBGT or what not, I think people are too busy commuting to work to care. And I don't think people care about that regardless. NoVa is a very diverse area and we have lots of Indian Americans and if anything they'll care more about whether you're from the same caste class as them or not haha.
Awesome! Looking forward to moving in

Old 08-07-2019, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 2,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1991 View Post
Awesome! Looking forward to moving in
Have you bought a house in Lenah Mill already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: