Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 01:54 PM

9,878 posts, read 14,122,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Can't adults have anything for themselves without having to endure children??
Plenty of adult only wineries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 02:40 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,264,024 times
Ok, I have a child so I get it, but recently went to 2 Silos brewery in Manassas and was shocked by the amount of kids. Granted they have a playground so they are catering to parents, but we were near the stage and had kids running around falling on the ground, throwing shoes at each other.....Parents, if you bring your kids out in public space shared with others, keep an eye on them!

Old 09-12-2019, 03:28 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,289,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Can't adults have anything for themselves without having to endure children??
And stay off my lawn!

Old 09-13-2019, 08:20 AM

596 posts, read 730,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffxdata View Post
And stay off my lawn!
Why do some people act like anyone who doesn't want to deal with kids swarming around every venue are just crotchety old coots? There's nothing wrong with adults wanting to enjoy spaces that are specifically catered to adults.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:47 AM

722 posts, read 1,923,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Plenty of adult only wineries.

I can only think of a handful in Northern VA (I listed them previously in this thread.) The vast majority of wineries allow children. Some will have a separate "adults only" area, but in my experience that isn't always enforced, or the area is close enough to the kid area that it doesn't really make a difference. We've just started avoiding wineries that allow kids at all.

If you look at reviews for the "adults only" wineries, a lot of entitled parents give them bad reviews solely on the fact that they don't allow kids. It's a lose/lose situation for a lot of wineries.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:28 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,289,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Why do some people act like anyone who doesn't want to deal with kids swarming around every venue are just crotchety old coots? There's nothing wrong with adults wanting to enjoy spaces that are specifically catered to adults.
I agree with you, and I appreciate adults only spaces. The rhetorical question I was responding to asked about why people would have to “endure” children. I think about “enduring” a famine. The idea that the mere presence of children is a punishment is a very dramatic outlook. If one does not want to be around kids, there are adults-only options.

Some of it is definitely this part of the country. Outings to wineries are seen as a family activity here or even a great baby shower location. I can say that was a very strange turn around for me as a person from the (deeper) South.

Old 09-15-2019, 09:35 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
Barrel Oak Winery has tons of children, as well as dogs, very nice family atmosphere. Sorry not in Loudoun county.
Here’s another vote for Barrel Oak Winery! We loved visiting there when we lived in Reston. It had a refreshingly unpretentious vibe considering how pretentious NoVA is. Good people! Beautiful scenery. Happy dogs and kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia