Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 05:40 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,116,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc777 View Post
Ahhhhh, and i drive a black SUV (Explorer) with black tinted windows including the front side windows (FL plates still), so that would make everyone suspicious of us...

on a separate note, VA tinted window laws are more strict that Florida. You will likely have to modify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 07:05 PM

69 posts, read 158,238 times
On the way home, the daughter is coming in for just several days and wanted to see DC. 395 already puts us there, the added specter of being caught between police, National Guard and extremists just makes it that much more "special".

I stopped watching the news years ago, this would have been one of the rare occurrences that i would have liked to know of in advance...

Old 03-03-2021, 07:31 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
spend the night in a hotel next to BWI,

Old 03-04-2021, 11:04 AM

OK, 1 hr 45 min. Instead of 695 to 295 the GPS routed me 695 to New York Ave. to Baltimore-Washington (which appears to be 295).

Also, we had to drive through DC on the way back as i figured it was still rather early in the day, and though no activity of concern at the time, a lot more defensive presence than i ever remember-

Old 03-08-2021, 09:00 AM

@ spencgr - Yep, i noticed. Bought the vehicle used about four days before driving up here and find i do not like the front windows tinted anyway, makes left turns at nite a PITA. Looks good, but not going to trade safety for looks!

Made the second round trip to BWI yesterday late afternoon. Probably will make all future reservations at one of the three closer airports, but i couldn't pass up a MCO-BWI-MCO ticket for $36.80 as a novelty. Turns out in the breakdown that the airfare portion (before taxes and fees) was less than $4.00.

Though not horrid, why all the traffic on that drive on a Sunday afternoon/evening? Also was impressed with the number of accidents - most seemed to be one car ramming into the back of another (I-295 aka Baltimore-Washington Parkway; seems for the load they need an additional lane each way), but one gentleman almost hit me in the D.C. area trying to go from the left lanes over to a right-side exit. Quite creative!

Old 03-08-2021, 09:53 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,612,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc777 View Post
@ spencgr - Yep, i noticed. Bought the vehicle used about four days before driving up here and find i do not like the front windows tinted anyway, makes left turns at nite a PITA. Looks good, but not going to trade safety for looks!

Made the second round trip to BWI yesterday late afternoon. Probably will make all future reservations at one of the three closer airports, but i couldn't pass up a MCO-BWI-MCO ticket for $36.80 as a novelty. Turns out in the breakdown that the airfare portion (before taxes and fees) was less than $4.00.

Though not horrid, why all the traffic on that drive on a Sunday afternoon/evening? Also was impressed with the number of accidents - most seemed to be one car ramming into the back of another (I-295 aka Baltimore-Washington Parkway; seems for the load they need an additional lane each way), but one gentleman almost hit me in the D.C. area trying to go from the left lanes over to a right-side exit. Quite creative!
You'll get used to it- there is always heavy traffic here regardless of weekend or not. Wait until summer and people start driving to the beaches- the stretch of 95 between Springfield and just north of Richmond is awful most of the time from Thursday afternoon (long weekends) - Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia