Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2007, 05:51 PM

55 posts, read 735,675 times

Advertisements

Hi, can you please tell me some nice areas in Fredericksburg..It seems like there only building new developments in the city or far out there...If you know of any new area, besides Lees hill, can you please let me know....Also, what are your opinions on Lake of the Woods? The homes look nice but it seems like theres nothing out there either.. Where are all the nice developments ?? It seems like so many people live there, but I have not been able to find anything on Route 3 .

Can you please let me know ...Thanks so much for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 06:20 AM

743 posts, read 3,899,713 times
Wait, so I guess you're looking for new development?

You have to head down the side roads to find anything... because if you DO find homes right off of Rt. 3, you won't want to live there

Where will you be working? What is your price range? How are are you willing to commute?

The only really big new home developments (that I know of anyways) near Fredericksburg are:

-Idlewild (behind the Home Depot East of the I-95 interchange)
-Lee's Parke accross from the new Super-Target off of Rt. 1 (south of exit 126)

Everything else is smaller developments of maybe 50 or less new homes. But let us know the answers to the questions above, and we'll be able to help you more.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 AM

55 posts, read 735,675 times
hello , I was hoping to find something under 350,000 ......I was wondering if its nicer on the Massaponox side or on Route 3 ? Do you know if there are any homes in a nice development without having to travel far down the side streets ? we looked in Idlewild, but the schools are city schools..I just didnt know about that.........But it was a nice area....Any other areas you can recommend ? thanks again

Old 08-16-2007, 06:21 PM

16 posts, read 59,711 times
I dont know a thing about housing prices around here but I can tell you Massaponax is nicer because the traffic is much more managable. Route 3 can be a nightmare. Massaponax has/is experiencing significant development. There are new places going up constantly so the traffic is getting worse. But there is even more development in route 3 where the traffic is already horrible. So personally, I prefer to go to Massaponax over route 3 any day! Also, you are right about lake of the woods, there isnt much out there.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM

5 posts, read 28,575 times
I sent you a PM.

LOW = evil HOAs!

Lee's Hill = bad location in the morning to get anywhere (colleague says it takes 30 minutes to travel the 5 miles to the train).

Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 AM

2 posts, read 6,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Hi, can you please tell me some nice areas in Fredericksburg..It seems like there only building new developments in the city or far out there...If you know of any new area, besides Lees hill, can you please let me know....Also, what are your opinions on Lake of the Woods? The homes look nice but it seems like theres nothing out there either.. Where are all the nice developments ?? It seems like so many people live there, but I have not been able to find anything on Route 3 .

Can you please let me know ...Thanks so much for your help!!
I've lived in Lake of the Woods for 22 yrs. yes it has it's issues the dam. But what a great place to raise a family. Evil HOA's I don't think so go up to Northern Virginia and see what some of there communities pay.Our pool cost are once a year for the season. Not a monthly charge or even weekly. We have 2 pools ,parks ,numerous beaches,golf course,a skate park,teen center.A beautiful clubhouse for dining that we don't have to pay a yearly fee to use.Don't have to eat so many meals or get penalized like our neighbors at Fawn Lake or Montclair in Prince William County. We have our own security and our own Fire and Rescue Squad. What a great place to live and to raise a family. Show me another community that offers what Lake of the Woods does for the price we pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:55 PM

9 posts, read 24,181 times
There are a couple new communities that have already been mentioned. There are other areas a little farther out down route 3 east, which has very little traffic, but will be about 15 minutes from Fredericksburg. If you're still looking to find something contact me, and I'd be glad to help you out!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:33 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Lake of the Woods is soooooo far out! There are alot of nice areas closer to the main parts of town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia