Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 01:46 PM

118 posts, read 184,932 times

Advertisements

Moving to NOVA in January for a job in Sterling. Considring Arlington and looking for Apartment property suggestions considering daily commute west, close to metro for weekends into DC and close to local night life. Also, is there a good supply of good places with availability or do the good ones generally have a wait list. Thinking I would make trip in December to find a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,846 times
They don't use wait lists in Arlington. You aren't allowed to apply for an apartment until 2 months beforehand. But they fill up quickly that day, so know what you want and get there early.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 PM

7 posts, read 18,454 times
Any apartment in arlington is good but don't choose Fort Strong. I had a very bad experience with the Fort Strong apartment landlord (he himself is the manager too). When I asked the landlord to fix something broken he was very very rude and refused to do so and I moved out soon.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,020 times
Hello,
If you are in the looks, the Crystal City area is great and if they put you on the waiting list for an apartment, you can take a look at Crystal Quarters...they can give you short term stay during your wait. You will love that place...check them at [URL="http://www.crystalquarters.com"]www.crystalquarters.com[/URL] ! Good luck!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:11 PM

73 posts, read 281,523 times
I you are working in Sterling, I would stay as close to Ballson or Clarendon as possible. This will meet your objectives of places to go out (in Arlington or cab/metro to DC), but also be better for your commute to work. Just to go from Arlington to Sterling would probably take you 35-45 minutes in morning and probably close to an hour in the evening (assuming you are travelling between 7:30-9 in the morning and between 4:30-6:30 in the evening).

I used to live in the Barton House in Courthouse and loved everything about it (hard to get in tho...they are always 100% occupancy, but doesn't hurt to try). They have the best value with large apartments, assigned garage parking, utilities included and walking distance from the metro. There are many apartments in Ballston, but unfortunately I don't know of any specific one that is good/bad. Good luck!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:00 PM

822 posts, read 3,004,098 times
I lived in two different complexes at the Arlington Courthouse metro - Courtland Towers (fine, typical luxury, a bit boring) and ... forget the name, but a really expensive one down the street (nice, expensive). I also think Ballston seems like a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia