Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:03 PM

107 posts, read 335,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-BIG-NOTHING View Post
sorry but i think you may have been duped into re-financing multiple times without understanding it fully! you ARE charged a large amount each time....usually 2-4k on a regular townhouse....(mine was 5k for a 230k house).....what they're doing is they're rolling the closing cost to the back end of your loan!!!!!! please stop doing it unless you're CERTAIN that it's costing you zero!!!

example: my loan was 225k. i refinanced. cost: 5k. i paid 0. but my loan was now 225k+5k = 230k at a lower rate! (so....it wasn't FREE as you mentioned. i just didn't pay it right away!)
I thought about that too. My original loan amount was $350k but now it is at $320k. I called Wells Fargo and they told me pay off balance is around $319,9xx. As I have mentioned above, I think my refinanced amount is $320k and I didn't pay anything else other than the escrow which they told me I will be getting it back.
I am not sure but do you think I am doing something wrong or mis understanding? I wish I can read all the stuff that goes inside but I am sure they won't let us (public) know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:58 AM

23 posts, read 62,497 times
I just locked my refi today (30-year conventional mtg) at 4 3/8 with 3/8 points. Unbelievable rate.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:06 PM

30 posts, read 138,464 times
Could you please tell me what bank you used to get that rate? Do you pay any origination fees and/or mortgage insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebucky View Post
I just locked my refi today (30-year conventional mtg) at 4 3/8 with 3/8 points. Unbelievable rate.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:15 PM

482 posts, read 1,373,562 times
I paid cash for my condo and I'm sleeping good.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 PM

4,460 posts, read 8,154,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlv View Post
I paid cash for my condo and I'm sleeping good.
Thanks for gloating but nobody cares considering this is a refi thread...

Old 03-22-2009, 10:27 AM

482 posts, read 1,373,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Thanks for gloating but nobody cares considering this is a refi thread...
And you are the spokeswoman for the group? I was just throwing it out there as an alternative to a refi. But, if you've never owned a home outright, nor has anyone in your entire family tree; you may not be able to visualize it.

And you assume that we are interested by your thread about buying a home with structural/termite issues to rent to a group?

Last edited by FindingZen; 03-23-2009 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: prejudicial comment

Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 AM

161 posts, read 415,187 times
Quote:
And you are the spokeswoman for the group? I was just throwing it out there as an alternative to a refi. But, if you've never owned a home outright, nor has anyone in your entire family tree; you may not be able to visualize it.

And you assume that we are interested by your thread about buying a home with structural/termite issues to rent to a group?

What's wrong with you?
she's not the "spokeswoman" for the group....but what you did was indeed gloating and she called you on it.
Not everyone is as fortunate as you are. Try being humble; it's a good virtue!

Last edited by FindingZen; 03-23-2009 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: edited out deleted portion of quote

Old 03-22-2009, 01:30 PM

4,460 posts, read 8,154,566 times
Quote:

I'm a dude, so you can sit on it and spin.

I didn't assume anything when I made that thread. You were interested enough to read it so what does that say about you? I'm getting ahead in life by making moves, and I could honestly care less what anyone thinks of me.

Last edited by FindingZen; 03-23-2009 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: edited out deleted portion of quote

Old 03-22-2009, 05:36 PM

161 posts, read 415,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
I'm a dude, so you can sit on it and spin.

I didn't assume anything when I made that thread. You were interested enough to read it so what does that say about you? I'm getting ahead in life by making moves, and I could honestly care less what anyone thinks of me.

Hey nwlv :-)
i'm obviously with you on this issue.Moderator Cut....
but just fyi, "it's i "couldn't" care less what anyone thinks....." not "i could care less...."

Last edited by FindingZen; 03-23-2009 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 AM

23 posts, read 62,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by still_looking View Post
Could you please tell me what bank you used to get that rate? Do you pay any origination fees and/or mortgage insurance?
No PMI but I did pay 3/8 pts (big deal). Got it through BB&T. Amazing rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia