Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:16 AM

437 posts, read 1,230,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
In the meantime the house sits, grass over three feet tall, driveway covered in rotting newspapers, backyard filled with old junk. Not a pretty sight, but nothing illegal about being trashy and an eyesore.
Denton56, I'm not going to get in the middle of the main subject of this thread, but FYI if you're in Fairfax Co. I know that you are required to keep the lawn under 12 inches IF the lot is less than a 1/2 acre. With the trash piled up and heightened grass, there may be a pest problem created if there isn't one already. I'd call county Zoning and/or Health Dept. and file a complaint(s). From my experience they are pretty responsive about this sort of thing:

Neighborhood Concerns*- Fairfax County, Virginia (http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpz/faqs/concerns.htm - broken link)

Grass Height Complaint Form*- Fairfax County, Virginia (http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/environmental/grass_height.htm - broken link)

If you're not in Fairfax your county/city will probably have some similar enforcement department that you can contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 09:16 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,712,538 times
Its just like parents & kids... If a parent gives 1 son a cookie then the other one wants one too. We've all heard the old saying "if you give them an inch they'll take a mile" well, once the government opened up the floodgates with the bailout $$$ that was all it took for people to "bail out" on their commitments. There is a punk rock band called "me first and the Gimmie Gimmies" you should check them out!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,755 times
Does anybody out there know why the Department of Commerce will withold 14% off the appraisal value of our house? When Prudential relocated my ex-husband, we were already divorced but we were both staying in the house at the time they relocated him., So now we will loose our equity, and get nothing out of our house. We are trying to sell the house but right now Buy Out is our option, our house has been in the market for 8 months, and my ex- does not want to make two payments on rent and a mortgage. What is the law in relocating divorced couple, and why? Have no clue????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia