Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM

12 posts, read 48,033 times

Advertisements

I live in sterling VA area. I have gas for heating and I am not planning to have a gas cooking range installed instead of the electric. Anyone with this experience? Since there is no gas line for the cooking range in the kitchen..I am wondering how much would it cost to have a certified contractor to do it..your feedbacks are appreciated

Thanks
PH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
I think you mean "now planning" instead of "not planning". Check out contractors through ServiceMagic.com. I'd had success there in finding a reliable electrian, a concrete contractor, and roofing and drywall repair. They respond quickly.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:04 AM

63 posts, read 225,317 times
I recently had a company do a dishwasher install for me at home. The guy was very nice, professional, knew his stuff. They were on contract through Lowes but if I ever need anything, I think I will give them a call. They are at Jed Mechanical - Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters, Kenmore Water Heaters in Virginia. Can't comment on rates, but I really did like their professionalism, timeliness, etc.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:27 AM

19 posts, read 51,790 times
Do you have a true kitchen exhaust fan, that is vented through the roof? Or just an over the stove exhaust, that just recirculates the air?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 AM

12 posts, read 48,033 times
Thanks for the reponse..

You are right..I am now planning! haha
The unit we have now is an antique piece ..its an electric range and exhaust fan built into one unit
and as you put it...its a stove exhaust ...just recirculates the air... we have pretty good ventilation in terms of windows in the kitchen..so its should be ok i think...

thanks for your feedbacks and suggestions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia