Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM

298 posts, read 681,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Lately I've been seeing a lot of new cars on the road and in parking lots. I mean spanking brand new, probably bought in the last month. Coincidence? Or are lots of people out buying cars all of a sudden --and if so, why?
My guess? Subconscious. You are probably in the market for a new car yourself, and are noticing all the nice cars around you. Alternatively, you are working or living somewhere different or more expensive, where you notice there are nicer, newer cars on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 02:06 PM

504 posts, read 1,215,082 times
Cars are very important to me. I have a lot of them. They are quite expensive and my wife sometimes complains about my buying habit. My prized car is the Ferrari 250 GTO. I also have Porsches, BMWs and Mercedes. I have so many of them I have a hard time keeping track of how many I actually have. I do like to spend time cleaning them and dusting them. I am running out of space very soon and might have to thin off my car collection... They are all in 1:43 scale.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM

855 posts, read 1,175,527 times
People here may not be car enthusiasts, but they are definitely into having nice cars. I see plenty of cars by Lexus, Audi, Acura, BMW, Benz, etc. You may not see a lot of ultra luxury cars like Ferrari, Aston Martin, or Rolls Royce, like you might see in say, LA or Miami, but people here are definitely not riding around in too many rust buckets.

As to why you're seeing more new cars, there are a lot of good deals for cars now that it's getting warmer outside

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,144,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyField View Post
My guess? Subconscious. You are probably in the market for a new car yourself, and are noticing all the nice cars around you. Alternatively, you are working or living somewhere different or more expensive, where you notice there are nicer, newer cars on the road.
LOL you may be right, since yes we are beginning to shop for our next car. Lately I've been test driving a few different cars. After I tried out the Mazda Miata I began seeing them everywhere--so yup, could be subconscious.

With the price of gas, I'm actually starting to consider getting a Harley this time around. Or maybe it's just the influence of Rolling Thunder?

Old 05-28-2011, 02:31 PM

8,989 posts, read 21,213,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqda4 View Post
Cars are very important to me. I have a lot of them. They are quite expensive and my wife sometimes complains about my buying habit. My prized car is the Ferrari 250 GTO. I also have Porsches, BMWs and Mercedes. I have so many of them I have a hard time keeping track of how many I actually have. I do like to spend time cleaning them and dusting them. I am running out of space very soon and might have to thin off my car collection... They are all in 1:43 scale.
LOL You had me going there until the end.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:20 PM

1,558 posts, read 3,866,050 times
I have a Toyota Corolla....it's got no personality whatsoever....but I put about 50 - 70 miles on her every day and she gets good gas mileage. She might not be my ideal car but at 83000k and not a single issue with her I can't complain. My dream car......a Subaru Outback (older one though...now they are too big) or a Volvo wagon! But, that would be if I had lots of money and didn't need to worry about gas.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,998,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonter16 View Post
I have a Toyota Corolla....it's got no personality whatsoever....but I put about 50 - 70 miles on her every day and she gets good gas mileage.
Gotta love a car with great gas mileage. Maybe you can give her a little personality (Except.... please avoid those appliques that have stick figures of all your family members. There's too many of those out there! ) Christian fish magnets are kinda ugly IMO but here in Nova I've discovered a hidden benefit to them so they're ok by me. I don't know why it is, but cars with fish magnets always seem to have some of the worst drivers in town. Maybe they figure the fish protects them so they don't have to pay attention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia