Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:35 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatert View Post
I'm also going to lose my teeth and identify as 87 years old so I can get social security payments.
Losing your teeth, is that what identifies you as 87 years old? LOL, is that true normie?

(Just teasing, I know you're not going to be 87 for at least another year or two ha ha ha)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Losing your teeth, is that what identifies you as 87 years old? LOL, is that true normie?

(Just teasing, I know you're not going to be 87 for at least another year or two ha ha ha)
Watch it you young whippersnappers... I don't look a day over 83!!!!

Sex discrimination is a little different from weight discrimination or age discrimination because Virginia actually has some anti sodomy lows on the books. Why on earth they care how people have sex in the privacy of their own home is beyond me, but as long as these loony laws are still on the books then it's a good thing to take extra measures ensuring against sex discrimination. VA could solve the whole thing by getting rid of those laws and I'd be thilled if they did.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Businesses are going to hire who they want to regardless of this new law. (As someone else already pointed out) we shouldn't be able to tell if someone is gay or not. The biggest problem that straight people have with homos is that they flaunt it too much. We don't care if you're gay, just don't shove it down our throats!

Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM

660 posts, read 1,704,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Businesses are going to hire who they want to regardless of this new law. (As someone else already pointed out) we shouldn't be able to tell if someone is gay or not. The biggest problem that straight people have with homos is that they flaunt it too much. We don't care if you're gay, just don't shove it down our throats!
The law only affects the county government, so businesses can still discriminate as they please.

And unless you've never held hands with or kissed someone of the opposite sex in public, you've flaunted your heterosexuality. Only nobody in their right mind would ever call it that. So unless you are referring to more NC-17 acts, I'm not sure what flaunted homosexuality would consist of.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:10 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
"Flaunt it so much" as in, "those darn gays just won't stay in the closet any more!"

Sorry, times have changed.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
"Flaunt it so much" as in, "those darn gays just won't stay in the closet any more!"

Sorry, times have changed.
I don't know of many businesses where the EMPLOYEES go around kissing and hugging each other all day. How do you tell if someone is a homosexual unless THEY start trying to ask you on a date?

Old 01-08-2010, 02:23 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I don't know of many businesses where the EMPLOYEES go around kissing and hugging each other all day. How do you tell if someone is a homosexual unless THEY start trying to ask you on a date?
...and many business frown on employees dating, period.

On a related topic, I'd like to see someone take Virginia's out-dated sodomy laws to the Supreme Court. Maybe it's time to get them overturned.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
...and many business frown on employees dating, period.

On a related topic, I'd like to see someone take Virginia's out-dated sodomy laws to the Supreme Court. Maybe it's time to get them overturned.
On what grounds are they un-consititutional? The laws are the will of the people. They can be revoked the same way they were passed.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:31 PM

660 posts, read 1,704,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
On what grounds are they un-consititutional? The laws are the will of the people. They can be revoked the same way they were passed.
The Supreme Court's ruling in Lawrence v. Texas makes it all but impossible to uphold anti-sodomy laws.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:22 PM

515 posts, read 1,691,647 times
My opinion is that these laws and policies do more for lawyers than the people they are designed to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia