Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,941,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL, this is so true I'm one of the very few people who moved here and thought "My, the prices are so reasonable!" We had a tiny 1200 sf townhouse in Redondo Beach. Sold it and used the money to buy a brand new 4,000 sf single family home in a nice neighborhood on a big piece of land... and our Nova house was still $5000 less than the townhouse.
Me too! My parents (in Santa Barbara) often comment on how nice it is that I've found some place affordable to live, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 01:28 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
I love my neighborhood in the Town of Vienna. There is a big sense of community here - especially on holdays like when they have Viva Vienna (Memorial Day Weekend) or the July 4th fireworks. Everyone walks to these events, and you run into dozens of people that you know. You could get an older home for under $650. Not sure what the commute to the Pentagon would be like. But we love it here.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,889,220 times
I love our neighborhood in Burke. We have tons of military and government in our community. There is an express shuttle bus that goes right to the pentagon that picks up at the entrance to our neighborhood. My husband works for the federal government. He walks across the street and jumps on the VRE.

Kids play outside. We have a nice community pool. The schools are great!

Yep. I love our neighborhood! And there is a house for sale just down the street!

Old 03-06-2010, 02:23 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
This is a great way to ask the question of nice spots to live. I get so tired of reading snide comments about places by people who don't even live there.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:18 AM

515 posts, read 1,691,647 times
Why dont you check out Truro (Annandale outside the Beltway). I live a few neighborhoods away and hear good things about it (has a community pool). Most of the houses are contemporaries but some are colonials and you should be able to get a four or five bedroom in your price range.

This neighborhood is in one of the best school pyramids (Woodson).

FranklyMLS.com Virginia & DC MLS via Keyword Search & Wiki. Homes for Sale

We have a fantastic and unique house in a great neighborhood but it will be a few months before we will be ready to sell.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:06 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Oldtimer View Post
Why dont you check out Truro (Annandale outside the Beltway). I live a few neighborhoods away and hear good things about it (has a community pool). Most of the houses are contemporaries .
If you like contemporaries, besides Truro, Hollin Hall, Stratford, and Wessynton in Mount Vernon are some neighborhoods you should take a look at. Wessynton has a pool, tennis courts, and a boat launch onto Little Hunting Creek that will get you out to the river.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 PM

4 posts, read 27,539 times
Quote:
Why dont you check out Truro (Annandale outside the Beltway). I live a few neighborhoods away and hear good things about it (has a community pool). Most of the houses are contemporaries but some are colonials and you should be able to get a four or five bedroom in your price range.

This neighborhood is in one of the best school pyramids (Woodson).

FranklyMLS.com Virginia & DC MLS via Keyword Search & Wiki. Homes for Sale

We have a fantastic and unique house in a great neighborhood but it will be a few months before we will be ready to sell.

Is that in the Frost school district?? I knew some parts of Annandale fed into those schools. Do you know of any apartment communties that feed into those schools? My husband and I want to buy but are in a time crunch.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:56 PM

515 posts, read 1,691,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesswade View Post
Is that in the Frost school district?? I knew some parts of Annandale fed into those schools. Do you know of any apartment communties that feed into those schools? My husband and I want to buy but are in a time crunch.
Yes Truro is in the Frost School District. Wakefield Forest for elementary, Woodson for HS.

Wish I could help on the apartment front, but I am illiterate when it comes to that subject. Hopefully other posters can help.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
Quote:
Yes Truro is in the Frost School District. Wakefield Forest for elementary, Woodson for HS.

Wish I could help on the apartment front, but I am illiterate when it comes to that subject. Hopefully other posters can help.
Not aware of any apartment complexes that feed into Frost and Woodson; that's one reason why the test scores are comparatively high. The least expensive housing in the Frost/Woodson district appears to be the Fairfax Plaza Townhouse complex near Pickett Road, where there are some condos that have sold for between $200-300K over the past year.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 PM

154 posts, read 503,897 times
What a great thread! I love our neighborhood! It's a bit pricey but my hubby and I feel like everything we could possibly want is here. We have short commutes, great shoppings, smart schools and so many great things about it that the list can go on and on. We live near family and even though I am trying to consider other places that are more affordable, I don't see us realistically living anywhere else and truly being happy. So I have to say that I love my neighborhood in Falls Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia