Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,364,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Oak Marr Golf Course, Fairfax County Park Authority We played there a few times when our kids were learning. The people were very nice and patient.
Thanks. Burke Lake looks like a possibility too. The prices aren't too bad. A little more than we have paid other places. I assume we could go during the week without needing a tee time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,478,980 times
For a public course, FCPA, I'd also look at Twin Lakes in Clifton. Off-peak, both courses are under $40 in greens fees, and under $50 during prime time.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-09-2010, 11:44 AM

22 posts, read 52,577 times
I live in Ashburn also... there are a couple of websites that you can purchase discount tickets through... However, I would recommend Goose Creek in Leesburg and Westpark in Leesburg. These are okay and you usually stay under $35. Otherwise, I would try out some of the courses in Prince William Counties in Nokesville and Gainesville. I think one is called Bull Run and the other is...??? It is off of Vint Hill Road.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:55 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,534,161 times
Herndon Centennial is a very nice course that hasn't been mentioned. There is always Reston National, but Herndon is a better option for my money. Algonkian once was a fine course, but it hasn't been in good shape for at least a decade. Burke Lake is a very pleasant par-3 round, and Jefferson District Park is a nice executive course in Merrifield.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 AM

6 posts, read 14,098 times
My high school baseball team is selling golf discount books for fundraising and the discounts would make it more affordable to try different courses in the area. The coupon book contains 60 coupons. The coupons, with the exceptions noted below, are valid for TWO green fees for the price of ONE. There are four coupons for each of the following Northern VA courses:

The Gauntlet
Virginia Oaks
South Riding ($20 off green fees for up to four players per coupon)
Lee's Hill
General's Ridge
Reston National
Forest Greens
Pleasant Valley ($20 off green fees for up to four players per coupon)
Lake Ridge
Prince William
Broad Run
Broad Run Mini Golf
Old Hickory
Bristow Manor ($39 for round of golf, cart included per coupon)
Westfields ($25 off green fees for up to 2 players per coupon)

The book costs $30 and the coupons are good through 3/31/2011. If you're interested in supporting our team and saving some money on golf this spring, please contact me at chan.michael94@gmail.com. Thanks!

Old 04-05-2010, 09:18 AM

39 posts, read 156,024 times
to the OP, you might want to think about Twin Lakes in Clifton - two courses with decent amount of difficulty and the courses don't have the wear and tear. Algonkian is public, value for money but pretty horrible. other fairfax county courses can be found:
Golf Courses, Fairfax County Park Authority

Goose Creek is not worth the trouble - I've played there a few times over the past 4-5 years, and it seems that the course is never in great shape, regardless of the time of year.

If you want to venture out a bit, try heading up towards Federick, Maryland (Whiskey Run, Worthington Manor, Maryland National, etc.) - the courses there are goregous, reasonably priced (they run deals every week - just call or sign up for e-mailers) and not crowded. From where you are, you can take 15 out of Leesburg and get on I70 at Frederick which is where all the courses more or less are located
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia