Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 04:27 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,493,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthood82 View Post
Ashley Furniture in Schererville is closing. I'm surprised that the news of this hasn't spread yet. This will be another large building footprint to fill.
I saw the same vehicle driving today on Calumet in Dyer. That's a shame! they just opened the Merrillville location too so I wonder if they are just shrinking their footprint or if something else is going on. I hope another great retailer will take its place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Has anyone heard anything about the empty building that used to be a Kmart in St. John on 41? It's such an eye sore!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:08 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,493,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the empty building that used to be a Kmart in St. John on 41? It's such an eye sore!
The owners of the building is a company in New Jersey and although they have received inquiries to purchase the property, they have refused to sell. They are only interested in long-term leasing. I agree, it is an eyesore but unfortunately, not "enough" of an eyesore for the town to be able to do anything significant like order the demolition of the building.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:41 PM

277 posts, read 442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
The owners of the building is a company in New Jersey and although they have received inquiries to purchase the property, they have refused to sell. They are only interested in long-term leasing. I agree, it is an eyesore but unfortunately, not "enough" of an eyesore for the town to be able to do anything significant like order the demolition of the building.

I'm pretty sure I heard reliably that their unwilling to sell the building is what caused Boyer to plan the redevelopment on the east side of 41 just north of the Stracks/Target one. I think the original thought was to make a large development out of the KMart plaza. Just think as to how nice it would look currently if they wouldn't have been so stingy.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,552 times
Default Chick-fil-a

I've heard whispers that there will be a Chick-fil-a in that area in about five years! Can't wait!

Old 06-14-2017, 08:12 PM

9 posts, read 9,923 times
Construction has started on Shoppes on the Boulevard (old Krispy Kreme) the steel frame is rising. Looking forward to Buona and McAllister's. Also francesca's is opening in Shops on Main where YoAmazing was located and it is unknown what is going to happen with the old Gordman's space it along with HhGreg are to gaping vacancies in that corridor which isn't good.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:41 AM

224 posts, read 310,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchism View Post
Construction has started on Shoppes on the Boulevard (old Krispy Kreme) the steel frame is rising. Looking forward to Buona and McAllister's. Also francesca's is opening in Shops on Main where YoAmazing was located and it is unknown what is going to happen with the old Gordman's space it along with HhGreg are to gaping vacancies in that corridor which isn't good.
I have a friend who works for the Namdar management team at River Oaks and the owners also own an adjacent shopping center further south on Torrence. Supposedly, both Burlington Coat Factory and Forman Mills who both have stores in Lansing, are looking to expand into the NWI market. As Northwest Indiana pointed out, the former Gordmans can easily be converted into a small BCF while the HHGreg could become Forman Mills. This is all just speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if this scenario played out.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:33 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
I have a friend who works for the Namdar management team at River Oaks and the owners also own an adjacent shopping center further south on Torrence. Supposedly, both Burlington Coat Factory and Forman Mills who both have stores in Lansing, are looking to expand into the NWI market. As Northwest Indiana pointed out, the former Gordmans can easily be converted into a small BCF while the HHGreg could become Forman Mills. This is all just speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if this scenario played out.

Interesting. I have never heard of Forman Mills. I just looked at their website and it appears to be a discount clothing store. There's a Burlington Coat Factory in Merrillville, so I can take it or leave it.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:56 AM

224 posts, read 310,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Interesting. I have never heard of Forman Mills. I just looked at their website and it appears to be a discount clothing store. There's a Burlington Coat Factory in Merrillville, so I can take it or leave it.
Judging by the one in Lansing, it is very similar to Fallas (which is located in Highland near Ultra) in terms of store size and layout.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:41 AM

119 posts, read 155,042 times
Sweet more discount clothing retailers.... kind of like the running list of mattress stores
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana