Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 06:29 PM

2,156 posts, read 5,489,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
well, i know at least one poster on here that will be excited about this...

nordstrom rack to open in schererville, indiana - press room - nordstrom.com
yes!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
The fifth anchor for Shops on Main is....Pier 1 Imports! Well, not surprised...Pier 1 is not bad...but this development seems to be mirroring the Merrillville Plaza and The Crossings at Hobart developments across the street from Southlake Mall (which in case you have not heard, has been sold to a new management company so that Westlake can focus on more profitable ventures).

Still waiting on some of the outlet announcements...hopefully they can get a Nordstrom Rack store in one of the outlots or in the Phase 2 area of the project! I could also see a bank branch such as Chase or Centier locating there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richb View Post
There likely isn't room anymore for a bigger retailer if Whole Foods actually comes into Main Street Shops. A Penney would need about 100,000 sq. ft. (that's what they have been taking lately). The Whole Foods needed a larger size then anything in the first phase (around 80,000 sq. ft if i remember right), so I imagine its going in that second phase area on the south end of the site.

The now dead Oak street project had a 100,000 sq. ft spot. That was the only real department store spot that was ever proposed. Main Street shops was designed to be without larger retailers, the draw being sit down restaurants. But since there weren't three way liquor licenses around for it,,,,,,, then the economy tanked......

Nordstrom has never shown any interest in N.W. Indiana............

Will be interesting what Starwood has in store (sorry bad pun) for Southlake. I hope they show more interest in Southlake Mall (I for one won't miss that stupid and confusing Westfield label) then Westfield ever did (not that they didn't do some stuff there). Hopefully Starwood will be a better landlord. Was in Orland Square (Simon owns that one) the other day, and I was thinking how Southlake could use some interior renov. Orland Square has come a long way and looks really nice right now.
Regarding the bolded parts...never say never!

Also, remember that there is still space for one or two more tenants in the Phase 2 area. With Whole Foods and Nordstrom Rack now rooted here, it should only get better for the entire area.

Last edited by Northwest Indiana; 01-29-2016 at 04:20 AM..

Old 02-18-2016, 05:41 AM

Thumbs up Updates

I really hope this seriously gets developed this time; however, every time I drive past this space, I always wonder if there is enough space to put the size of buildings they are proposed and adequate parking.

Shoppes on The Boulevard kick-started

Now, regarding this. If some of the rumored stores in this article actually do make it into Shops on Main, then the developer would likely have redeemed themselves in the minds of many area shoppers. Some of the additionally rumored stores also have outlet locations, so I wonder if that is the locations that we would get here. Shopping centers like this are becoming more common where outlets of full-price brands and discount stores cohabitant instead of separate shopping strips and outlet malls.

Burgerhaus, Jimmy John's, more retail coming to Schererville

Old 03-11-2016, 09:29 PM

Default Update

The plans for Phase 2 of Shops on Main has been released...and although Nordstrom Rack is the only tenant right now, the plans look great! I did not even think of them orienting the buildings they way they did!
Attached Thumbnails
New Retail Development in Schererville-060023-sp-1.jpg  

Old 06-14-2016, 06:48 PM

Thumbs down Binny's

Binny's Beverage Depot interested in S'ville

After this article came out, I was wondering what the hold up was after several months of nothing happening at the proposed site...

I did some googling and then found this: Binny's expansion to Indiana thwarted by state liquor law changes

...my only question: the heck?

Old 09-06-2016, 04:26 PM

Default McAllister's Deli

There is a banner where "Shoppes on The Boulevard" is supposed to be stating that McAlister's Deli will be opening in Spring 2017. The Merrillville location should be opening soon as that building seems almost complete. A location was also supposed to open in the Centennial Village development in Munster - however I don't know if both locations will open or if just the Schererville one will. The locations of duplicate stores in Merrillville and Schererville seem to be further apart from one another than locations of Munster/Schererville or Munster/Highland locations of stores, so we will see.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:08 AM

Default Nordstrom Rack

Today is the day that it is officially open!

UPDATE: Nordstrom Rack opening festivities to be moved indoors due to weather

I do hope that the selections are good as each location varies. In the Chicago-area, I imagine that the Schererville location may not have the best offerings compared to the other locations or at least hopefully as good as the Orland location. However, a lot of people will be happy that they don't have to stick with Kohl's, TJ Maxx, or Marshalls or go to department stores like Macy's and Carson's which don't have the greatest selection in our area either. Overall, I do think the opening of this store here is awesome and will be a game changer for retail in the region. Next to Whole Foods, this was the most anticipating store in the region as of recent. I plan on checking out this store this weekend and will report back on here.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:24 PM

166 posts, read 286,366 times
Quote:
Today is the day that it is officially open!

UPDATE: Nordstrom Rack opening festivities to be moved indoors due to weather

I do hope that the selections are good as each location varies. In the Chicago-area, I imagine that the Schererville location may not have the best offerings compared to the other locations or at least hopefully as good as the Orland location. However, a lot of people will be happy that they don't have to stick with Kohl's, TJ Maxx, or Marshalls or go to department stores like Macy's and Carson's which don't have the greatest selection in our area either. Overall, I do think the opening of this store here is awesome and will be a game changer for retail in the region. Next to Whole Foods, this was the most anticipating store in the region as of recent. I plan on checking out this store this weekend and will report back on here.
Seems like similar stores in Orland Park, Oak Brook, Schaumburg, Loop/State Street, and North Michigan Avenue areas have the best selections.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1064 View Post
Seems like similar stores in Orland Park, Oak Brook, Schaumburg, Loop/State Street, and North Michigan Avenue areas have the best selections.
Add to that the north shore burbs. I went to this new location and was not impressed with the selection. Hopefully it gets better as time goes on.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:03 AM

166 posts, read 286,366 times
Quote:
Add to that the north shore burbs. I went to this new location and was not impressed with the selection. Hopefully it gets better as time goes on.
Wow, that's too bad But you're right about the North Shore; Northbrook is one example. Going to a Macy's, for instance, in some of these areas provides so much more variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana