Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:06 PM

17,461 posts, read 14,697,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I don't know where you live but ummmmm if its in NW Indiana and you own real estate I think its in your best interest to care about the communities surrounding you because what goes on in them will influence your quailty of life and your property values in a significant way.
Sorry, but no.

I refuse to shoulder the burden of communities who don't care. Communities that might never redeem themselves because correcting their specific issues - which, in some cases, have been several generations in the making - has to come from within. Why should I ride in on my horse to save a town that doesn't want to save itself?

Even if I wanted to, it wouldn't work. It's like eating soup with a fork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,000,709 times
Default In Plain View

So we've got the Big O and his contender Palin.

So just think who would be addressing the issues better.

Better yet think of Bob Barr.

Stand for what you believe and changing reality takes commitment.

2010 will be a critical year, do not elect a Democrat or Republican!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:17 PM

73,085 posts, read 62,717,333 times
As of this past Saturday, MJ would have turned 51 if he was still living. RIP MJ.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:50 PM

73,085 posts, read 62,717,333 times
"This is It" will be in theatres soon. I normally never go to cinemas, but I think I want to make an exception this time. I want to see this movie.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:24 PM

196 posts, read 659,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The same "racist" media that is, according to you, trying to smear his name is the very same media that has placed Obama on a pedastal.

So is the media only racist when it comes to Michael Jackson?
Obama's half-white, and put his White family out in front of the world as much as possible, when he was running for office. You saw all kinds of war veteran uncles.

The media elites see Obama as a sort of racial healer, in that he is somebody who can finally unite the country, because he is Black and he is White. They believe that he is the one who's gonna solve all our racial issues. That's why they put him on a pedestal. What they didn't count on is that those issues are fundamental to who we are and eventually their putting all their eggs in the Obama basket is gonna backfire on him, because he and he alone is not gonna save a country that was built on rac ial inequality

As for Jacko, he never did anything for us in Gary, so I really don't see why there is so much attachment to him for Garyites or Black America in general. He spent his entire life avoiding us. Plenty of successful people have comeback to their hometowns and opened businesses or gave large sums of money to schools. If Michael Jackson did in Gary what he did for kids all over the world, Gary would be a different place.

I'm not saying he had to do those things. He wasn't obligated. And we weren't obligated to constantly defend him(regardless of how weird he became) or care when he died to be honest. So, why do we care again?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 AM

3 posts, read 5,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake County IN View Post
As for Jacko, he never did anything for us in Gary, so I really don't see why there is so much attachment to him for Garyites or Black America in general. He spent his entire life avoiding us. If Michael Jackson did in Gary what he did for kids all over the world, Gary would be a different place.
Are you fu*king blame him? C'mon, he couldn't do anything to change the city, because what need a change in Gary is PEOPLE, if people don't change, Gary won't improve!

He did lot of good things to more people that nobody did before for anybody. God bless him.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 PM

196 posts, read 659,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZivaMJ View Post
Are you fu*king blame him? C'mon, he couldn't do anything to change the city, because what need a change in Gary is PEOPLE, if people don't change, Gary won't improve!

He did lot of good things to more people that nobody did before for anybody. God bless him.
Yeah, that's right, because Gary is the ONLY place in the world that needs change.

You do know that Shakira is from Colombia. . . . The murder capital of the WORLD. That doesn't stop her from giving back to her community. Eminem is from Detroit a city that is currently seen as the worst in America, yet he gives back. There are plenty of famous people from sh*tholes worst than Gary who didn't forget where they came from. Hell, most famous people come from sh*tholes. Some of them forget where they come from. . . Some don't, but don't act like Michael Jackson was some how exempt from the same standards that plenty of celebrities and rich people are held to.

Now, MJ was a great entertainer, but never did anything for Gary, therefore, WE should not care what happens to him or his crazy ass family. Simple.

I aint gonna be out there with a candlelight vigil for no guy who wont acknowledge my existence, what about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana