Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 12:24 AM

101 posts, read 415,686 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to let you all know, if you're wondering, my cats made it without a glitch!

I prepared the cats shots 120+ days before departure and, aside from the airlines changing their flight, I picked them up 15 minutes after I made it to the station.

They arrived at 12:55 p.m., but I couldn't leave work until 2:15. I remembered to pick them up at 2:30 and jetted the heck out of dodge and made it to the Airport Quarantine at 2:45. I read that it takes an hour to process and I knew there'd be some wait time -- but not much.

I have to say that anyone coming up to pick up their pet at the station should be careful what they say while waiting. I heard people saying, "I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED AND I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 30 MINUTES." "No one even spoke to me since I arrived." Et cetera, et cetara...

Yeah, these people were complaining. You think the DoA employees can't hear you? Think again! With a little love and patience, your pet will be returned to you. These people that were complaining arrived 30 minutes just after their pet arrived?! The one gal didn't even know there was at least an hour waiting period.

When the DoA employee handed me my beloved cats, I thanked her tremendously and she was welcome in return. You wouldn't know that some dummy shouted complaints in the waiting room. You know what they say about honey versus vinegar...

Anyway, I told the complaining woman that I did "research" (duh, it's on the DoA website) that "it tends to take an hour before one can collect their pets."

Anyway, all is good. I got a job, got the pets, car arrived safe and sound (fully loaded with my goods at a very premium price), and I am reunited with my family. All is well that ends well.

No problems!

IGGH Over and Out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 AM

285 posts, read 1,082,819 times
IslandGirl, please let us know how you managed to load personal goods in your car to ship, and which shipping line you used. This bit of info might be helpful to quite a few people researching a move.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,115 times
So very glad you and you pets made it safe and sound

We had a very positive move to Hawaii we did have a glitch with paper work and the people in the DOA called us to make sure that we received the paperwork.

Have fun now take them to the beach

Koa

Old 10-07-2010, 04:40 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Glad all went well.

Timbo, you can load your car full if you want but it's not considered a vehicle transport but a cargo transport and you pay for that. You will want to get a quote from the regular shippers for a vehcile and one from their cargo for cargo of that vehicle. Decide if the extar money is worth loading the car. If you have items that can't be replaces from the savings, you may do better loading the car. But if the extra cost is far more than shipping it alone, you may want to ship car empty and ship the goods over by themself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: