Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM

168 posts, read 726,307 times

Advertisements

Norwegiangiant-

I moved to oahu in june. I was kinda in your position too. It's really easy to make friends here though. Definitely doesn't hurt to be a good looking girl, ppl have been more than willing to help me anytime I had a question or anything lol I've found local guys (well really locals in general, not just guys) are more friendly than the military. So don't limit yourself to military guys, they tend to hangout in groups & are kinda more in your face at bars or a parties. Like they absolutely don't take a hint that you don't want to talk to them & don't want to hangout with them. Just my experience though.
(I'm not hating on the military at all. I've got two brothers in the air force & have tons of respect & am super grateful for the guys that defend our freedoms. The guys are definitely different when they go out on the weekends than they are the rest of the time.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 03:19 AM

25 posts, read 119,936 times
What's an "O" club? You lost me there. I'm not hating on the local boys, but to be honest, I'm MUCH taller than any of the locals here, even taller than most "military" guys. I have found locals to be friendly too, even in the four weeks I've been here. But I miss my brothers and since most of my family is military and it's been extremely prominent in my family and friends, I feel very comfortable around military guys. Also, I'm not in a hurry to date anyone, but I know quite a few soldiers that just need someone to hang out with and I wouldn't mind being that person.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 AM

48 posts, read 76,180 times
I can understand you wanting to meet military guys. The pool of local guys is limited.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:53 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,345,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegiangiant View Post
What's an "O" club? You lost me there.
Officer's club. Social place and restaurant reserved for officers, located on post. Compare and contrast NCO club, enlisted club.

Can be hopping on weekends if commander both stresses it and shows up. Not actually that common for one to be very successful anymore with deglamorization of alcohol.

Not many left that are pure O-clubs-most are "all ranks" clubs with sometimes different sections reserved for different ranks.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:14 PM

25 posts, read 119,936 times
Ah, no I don't have access to those clubs as far as I know. My brother gets back tomorrow though and this weekend is Halloween, so I'm sure I'll be in good shape soon. Thanks for all the help.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:46 PM

170 posts, read 533,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAILANI View Post
There's plenty local boys, why did you specify "military men"?

Stay on the island, meet plenty family, be taken care of forever in paradise,
OR- move every couple years, away from family, suffer relationship hardships due to his duty schedule....
Plenty benefits with military boys yeah!!
I'd much rather have the ALOHA!
Good luck!
Because locals treat their women like ****.

In my experience hawaiian girls LOVE white boys..

Old 11-19-2010, 11:21 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,624 times
"In my experience hawaiian girls LOVE white boys.."

But I thought you said that the entire State was racist??? Ah, I love when a person contradicts themselves!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:46 AM

170 posts, read 533,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
"In my experience hawaiian girls LOVE white boys.."

But I thought you said that the entire State was racist??? Ah, I love when a person contradicts themselves!
I said the entire State of Hawaii was racist?

Maybe you can help me out and quote those words i typed.

Ah i love when people dont understand English.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:08 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,624 times
11-19-2010, 06:01 PM
[SIZE=5]Vanskills[/SIZE]
befriend
44 posts, read 4,148 times

Hawaii has some nice water and such..

But the people that live there are racist jerks.

I have been in alot of places around the world (military) and Hawaii (especially hilo) is the most racist place i have EVER been.

Dont waste your money on Hawaii, spend your dollars on a place that actually WANTS you there.

[+] Rate this post positively

Originally Posted by Vanskills

I have been in alot of places around the world (military) and Hawaii (especially hilo) is the most racist place i have EVER been.

Dont waste your money on Hawaii, spend your dollars on a place that actually WANTS you there.

[SIZE=5]Vanskills[/SIZE]
befriend

#58 11-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Vanskills
befriend Join Date: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Vanskills

[SIZE=5]Vanskills[/SIZE]
befriend

You DO realize that people are capable of reading your other posts, right? I do love when a person questions another on their reading comprehension when their own words clearly contradicts themselves.

Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegiangiant View Post
What's an "O" club? You lost me there. I'm not hating on the local boys, but to be honest, I'm MUCH taller than any of the locals here, even taller than most "military" guys. I have found locals to be friendly too, even in the four weeks I've been here. But I miss my brothers and since most of my family is military and it's been extremely prominent in my family and friends, I feel very comfortable around military guys. Also, I'm not in a hurry to date anyone, but I know quite a few soldiers that just need someone to hang out with and I wouldn't mind being that person.

NG, you're a tall, quite attractive woman, I must say. But you haven't really met a lot of locals if you think you're taller than most of them. Samoans, Tongans and lots of Hawaiians are really big and really tall. You must not be getting out much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu