Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:33 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,273,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Good catch, you two. Plus the new BOE doesn't HAVE a President, only a Chair.
Hmm. California has a State Board of Education and it's president is Dr. Michael Kirst...
Members' Biographical Information - California State Board of Education

Considering that Kirst is also a faculty member at Stanford University, he might have some "pull" with the admissions folks at Punahou -- a little quid pro quo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,786,096 times
I thought she/he was referring to the HAWAII Board of Education, which does not. " Either way, the OP has a credibility problem and I'll have no further comments.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,349 times
Default Do your kids have tough skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2HawaiiOahu View Post
We are just staying at this house until we find a suitable house to buy. What is the best real estate to buy? we want to stay close to Waikiki.

Is this school any good for kids 10 and 14 years old? President William McKinley High School. I am trying to find Elementary school as well as high school for my kids.

My daughter started at McKinley, she was the ONLY white girl in a sea of diversity. (Last year there were 7 white kids) Every single friend of my daughters was on public assistance, except one.

One of her teachers told her there were no toilets in Mexico as it was a 3rd world country.
While studying the great depression, another teacher made the comment "arent you glad there are no more tornadoes" My daughter brought up the devistation in Joplin, Missouri & tornado alley. Her teacher wasnt amused.
While the formal education sucks, she has learned more about the world & the peole in it than she ever would have while on the mainland. She has more friends from foreign countries (Samoa, Thailand, Micronesia, China, Korea, Tahitian, Fijian, Taiwan...) & has picked up ALOT of foreign vocabulary. She has learned what diversity really is, as well as how fortunate her life has been.

However if your child is white, be careful!!! She was beaten up by a Samoan girl, and threatened ALOT at first because she is white. Admin & staff turn a blind eye to ALOT. She got sick of it and eventually fought back thus earning her some "street cred".

To do it again we would have send her to Roosevelt or a private school that had better test scores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu