Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:50 AM

159 posts, read 367,647 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

Had to rent a car for two week, unfortunately was aware of this the first week. But thought there might be other Costco members out there that aren't aware that you get 25% off at Avis.

Booked on line, took me less than 5 minutes to get my car slip and I was back on the road.

As a side note, Enterprise would not take a debit card at any of their airport locations.

Hope this info helps save you some $. Waiting for to pick up TheTang on Thursday. DH will be happy to have his baby here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 02:03 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,101,104 times
Didn't know that. Good info!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,264,151 times
Costco members can also get 25% off at Alamo and up to 30% off at Budget. If you book online using Costco's corporate ID code and the appropriate coupon code, you don't even have to be a Costco member to get the discounted rates, since few rental car companies ask to see a Costco membership card when you show up.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Costco members can also get 25% off at Alamo and up to 30% off at Budget. If you book online using Costco's corporate ID code and the appropriate coupon code, you don't even have to be a Costco member to get the discounted rates, since few rental car companies ask to see a Costco membership card when you show up.
Cool Jonah, didn't see the other companies offer in the mag. Avis didn't ask to see our card. Hertz did ask to see our AAA card the first week.

Mahalo, Ruby

Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,052,725 times
Shop around first though. We looked at all Costco deals after reading Silverlining's post, but found that even with the various discounts, they all are much more expensive than Enterprise. We used a random discount code found through Google to make our reservation online with Enterprise in Kauai for one week (Oct 13-20) at $188, taxes included.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles in PGI View Post
Shop around first though. We looked at all Costco deals after reading Silverlining's post, but found that even with the various discounts, they all are much more expensive than Enterprise. We used a random discount code found through Google to make our reservation online with Enterprise in Kauai for one week (Oct 13-20) at $188, taxes included.
Enterprise doesn't take debit cards at Airports and we don't use cc's anymore. Plus we've found that a lot of their cars are not maintained as very well as other rental companies. Also customer service might mean more for one than another.

But of course, always kayak/bing/google for deals. Especially on Wednesdays.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:46 PM

101 posts, read 249,686 times
I have always had great luck with discountcarrental.com We've had awesome deals on Jeeps and Convertibles on Oahu, Maui and the Big Island through them. Far cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. And the process is painless. We have never had a problem with them.

I should add that they reserve for major rental companies (i.e. Alamo) so you get the full benefit of renting from one of them, but the much lower prices of going through discountcarrental.com.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:03 PM

285 posts, read 1,083,507 times
I think you are reffering to www.Hawaiidiscountcarrentals.com thats the company we used all the time before moving here and I cant recommend them highly enough. My sis in law is here visiting and she rented a Camry for 29 days for a total of 590.00!!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo31958 View Post
I think you are reffering to www.Hawaiidiscountcarrentals.com thats the company we used all the time before moving here and I cant recommend them highly enough. My sis in law is here visiting and she rented a Camry for 29 days for a total of 590.00!!
Great price! Will pass it on to my folks who are coming for a month in Nov.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 PM

101 posts, read 249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo31958 View Post
Yup. You are correct. It just ends up saying discountcarrental.com in the address line of my browser, but if you actually type that in as the address you get cheap rooms. Weird, but thanks for the correction!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu