Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 12:18 PM

79 posts, read 231,425 times

Advertisements

Right now things are looking very good. We found a very nice 2 bedroom 2 bathroom in waikele for 1,600.00 a month w/ water (a good price from what I heard). My wife got a job as a teacher and starts august 1st, our stuff from michigan is paid and we will be moved in on friday. We found a very nice teacher that is selling us a couch and a sofa for 500.00 and in great shape and better than what we had in michigan! Now we just need to work on the bedroom. If anyone knows where we can find a nice bedroom set at a good price (I would like a king) in oahu, please let me know.
I am still here in michigan, I decided to stay and work at my current job as it is the summer and my co-workers take vacations and I can make 800.00 to 1,000.00 a week during the summer. I plan to sale my van and move to oahu in october. It is about a $9,000.00 a year difference from the place we rented in novi, michigan, so not that bad to me.
Does anyone know what my electric bill will be at this new place in waikele (rough ballpark). I don't see us using much air. My wife and myself's idea of hot and cold are very different from being raised in michigan, lol . Yesterday in michigan it was 101, and like 85 at night and I just used a room fan. I am thinking 100.00 to 200.00 a month or am I dreaming?
Now all the is left is the bedroom and cable. I am not too worried about a job, I applied about 5 months ago in oahu and had 5-6 interviews lined up in 2 weeks, but I could not afford to go out to them as money was tied up at the time. I am a chemist with a bachelors in science, so I think it will be pretty easy.
I have received a lot of good advice on this forum, so I will ask for some more if you guys don't mind.
Who has the best/cheapest package for phone/internet/cable on oahu and how much can I expect to pay? And where can I find a nice bedroom set on oahu for a good price, either all together or piece by piece.

mahalo!!!!

Phanos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu