Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM

52 posts, read 159,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzalb View Post
I spent 2 years in college. After that, my parents started suffering economically, due to the housing market...For the past 5+ years I've literally been sitting in my bedroom waiting for them to pay the tuition but it hasn't happened. That's why I'm leaving.
If your parents were suffering economically you should have literally got off your arse and started working instead of expecting a handout-which is exactly what you expect (and won't get) if you make it to Hawaii.

By the tone of your posts, you still haven't left. Momma needs to cut the umbilical cord already.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:25 PM

45 posts, read 163,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I recognize you from other personas you have used on other threads on other forums
Argh! You again! You just won't leave me alone, will you?
You obviously have me confused with someone else. I don't have nor have I ever used any other "personas" on this forum. But I have a feeling that nothing I post could possibly convince you otherwise. You seem to have convinced yourself that my issues couldn't possibly be real so I must be some idiot who devised an elaborate plot to make a thread just to mess with people.
Because someone like me, someone with these actually issues and concerns, couldn't possibly exist, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit808
If your parents were suffering economically you should have literally got off your arse and started working instead of expecting a handout-which is exactly what you expect (and won't get) if you make it to Hawaii.
First of all, I already told you that I can't work because I have no means of transportation. And I thought I had bad memory! It's not like my parents can drive me to and from job interviews, nor could they be relied upon for commuting to a hypothetical place of employment. They have their own busy schedules.
Second, I'm not expecting a handout. I'm just looking for advice on how to move to Honolulu. I'm trying to relocate so I can get a job. How is that looking for a handout?

Y'all starting to рiss me off now. Maybe I never should of created this topic in the 1st place.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:37 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,915,125 times
Quote:
Argh! You again! You just won't leave me alone, will you?
You obviously have me confused with someone else. I don't have nor have I ever used any other "personas" on this forum. But I have a feeling that nothing I post could possibly convince you otherwise. You seem to have convinced yourself that my issues couldn't possibly be real so I must be some idiot who devised an elaborate plot to make a thread just to mess with people.
Because someone like me, someone with these actually issues and concerns, couldn't possibly exist, right?

First of all, I already told you that I can't work because I have no means of transportation. And I thought I had bad memory! It's not like my parents can drive me to and from job interviews, nor could they be relied upon for commuting to a hypothetical place of employment. They have their own busy schedules.
Second, I'm not expecting a handout. I'm just looking for advice on how to move to Honolulu. I'm trying to relocate so I can get a job. How is that looking for a handout?

Y'all starting to рiss me off now. Maybe I never should of created this topic in the 1st place.
Yes, you're following the exact same patterns as before ... working up to outbursts of indignation now ... the changing writing / personality / language style: "Y'all" ... lightly sprinkled at first with profanity ... the barriers to every solution ... the odd medical condition ... the slowly emerging anger based on how you're being discriminated against ... where's the Labrador retriever that makes it hard for you to find a rental this time?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,242,215 times
Quote:
I spent 2 years in college. After that, my parents started suffering economically, due to the housing market and I have 2 younger siblings, including a brother who also went to college and graduated and is now in post-grad studies. Since my parents couldn't pay for the final semester, I couldn't continue taking classes, nor can I transfer somewhere else, which is what I want to do. For the past 5+ years I've literally been sitting in my bedroom waiting for them to pay the tuition but it hasn't happened. That's why I'm leaving.

OK, so, hypothetically if I wanted to enter a skilled trade, like bricklaying, couldn't i just move to Honolulu (or Los Angeles) and get an apprenticeship there? What's the difference between me acquiring said skill here in Wisconsin and acquiring it in my target city?
You could also get a student loan for college, that's what I did. Sure, you have to pay it back, but the interest rates in low. That's what most people do.

That being said, sometimes I do feel that other skills might have been more marketable, like electricians, skilled trades, that you can literally do anywhere in the world almost....

Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM

45 posts, read 163,374 times
Quote:
Yes, you're following the exact same patterns as before ... working up to outbursts of indignation now ... the changing writing / personality / language style: "Y'all" ... lightly sprinkled at first with profanity ... the barriers to every solution ... the odd medical condition ... the slowly emerging anger based on how you're being discriminated against ... where's the Labrador retriever that makes it hard for you to find a rental this time?
What are you talking about? Labrador retriever?
I hate dogs. Again, you obviously have me confused with someone else. Just because I say/post "y'all"? Lots of people talk like that. In my actual speech I prefer unu but that's Caribbean style talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
You could also get a student loan for college, that's what I did.
In order to qualify for a student loan, I have to be enrolled in a college. Problem is, I can't enroll anywhere because the university I owe back tuition to will not release my transcripts until they're paid in full. No transcripts = no way to enroll. No enrollment = no student loans. This is obviously my biggest predicament. Honestly, it feels like I "fell through the cracks" or something.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,235,409 times
Quote:

For the past 5+ years I've literally been sitting in my bedroom waiting for them to pay the tuition but it hasn't happened. That's why I'm leaving.
Ok, Rapunzel...no ones going to rescue you! Pull up your big boy pants and get off your butt!

Old 10-11-2011, 09:03 PM

Just to inform ... I have run into this poster before, under three different names on different forums (California) ... the pattern / strategy is exactly the same with different story plot lines ... the game is to draw posters in to impossible scenarios with barriers thrown up to every possible solution / suggestion ... until people start making snide and depreciative comments in response to the OP's ridiculous reasons for failure ... at which point the OP will start firing back a few outbursts and angry volleys to fuel the fire.

New member with just a few posts (this thread). Doesn't seem possible that a 25 year old could be such an inexperienced do-nothing does it? Doesn't write like a 25-year old would now does he? Has a pat answer for every question and suggestion -- to deflect, doesn't he? Note he provided a link to a strange medical condition to make sure you all fell into that part of the play. He's already started to throw some irritable responses with just a dash of profanity ... until I pointed it out ... now he's backed out of his protests to try and regain position and lose suspicion ... needs to hang on to the thread a while longer to make it work ... y'all gotta get worked up more first so when he lashes back it will flame.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:18 PM

93 posts, read 212,448 times
Quote:
Just to inform ... I have run into this poster before, under three different names on different forums (California) ... the pattern / strategy is exactly the same with different story plot lines ... the game is to draw posters in to impossible scenarios with barriers thrown up to every possible solution / suggestion ... until people start making snide and depreciative comments in response to the OP's ridiculous reasons for failure ... at which point the OP will start firing back a few outbursts and angry volleys to fuel the fire.

New member with just a few posts (this thread). Doesn't seem possible that a 25 year old could be such an inexperienced do-nothing does it? Doesn't write like a 25-year old would now does he? Has a pat answer for every question and suggestion -- to deflect, doesn't he? Note he provided a link to a strange medical condition to make sure you all fell into that part of the play. He's already started to throw some irritable responses with just a dash of profanity ... until I pointed it out ... now he's backed out of his protests to try and regain position and lose suspicion ... needs to hang on to the thread a while longer to make it work ... y'all gotta get worked up more first so when he lashes back it will flame.
Very good points.
I googled his name. Very cute.

Amazon.com: Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg (German Edition) (9781933140476): Janine Hoecker, Christine Guthann, Helmut Marischka: Books

"Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg (German Edition) [Paperback]
Janine Hoecker (Author), Christine Guthann (Author), Helmut Marischka (Author)
Be the first to review this item | Like (0)
Price: $13.30 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Usually ships within 1 to 4 weeks.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available."

Old 10-11-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereandbacktwotimes View Post
Very good points.
I googled his name. Very cute.

Amazon.com: Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg (German Edition) (9781933140476): Janine Hoecker, Christine Guthann, Helmut Marischka: Books

"Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg (German Edition) [Paperback]
Janine Hoecker (Author), Christine Guthann (Author), Helmut Marischka (Author)
Be the first to review this item | Like (0)
Price: $13.30 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Usually ships within 1 to 4 weeks.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available."
And a double thumbs up well done to you

Old 10-11-2011, 09:27 PM

93 posts, read 212,448 times
Quote:
And a double thumbs up well done to you
Thank you, but you caught it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: